Chops dinner vs. Chops lunch

1 minute ago, edeneyes said:

Absolute.  We love to go to Chops for lunch on embarkation day and have a peaceful, relaxing meal, using our BOGO.  However, Chops is not open on embarkation day for lunch on every ship.

And do you make an advanced reservation for one person and show up as two people?

We’ve always started our cruises (only 3) with lunch at Chops. It’s great value for a lunch and it’s loads better than the other dining options (such as MDR and Windjammer).

However, I’ve never been blown away by the food or the steaks. If I was paying steakhouse prices I’d be very upset. But I’m not, so I can cope with that.

I’m not rich enough to grin and bear it, with the cost for dinner.

As for Giovannis being better; that’s got to be a fallacy hasnt it? Surely it’s the exact same meat? I can’t imagine that Giovannis gets preferential treatment and/or somehow they get to select the best cuts every time.

Can anybody clarify for me about the childrens pricing? It says that children 6-12 are a certain price and 0-5 are free and that children must order from the childrens menu. Is that a special menu for that restaurant or is it the regular childrens menu thats offered in the main dining room etc.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:47 PM, SilkySal said:

Have to share my story here. Back in the day when I was much much younger and dumber, I worked for a drive-in type fast food place (Dog N Suds). I was a "car hop" (outside waitress serving parked vehicles). All of the inside employees, cooks, fryers, etc., were also young people. One of our patrons got "smart" and obnoxious with one of our cooks, who I later observed to spit in the guy's sandwich!😲 Hoping things like that don't happen these days but, hey, ya never know!🤔 Enjoy your meal! Cheers!

Wow...Hello fellow Hoosier...Dog and Suds...have not heard that name for awhile...my sisters worked there way back in the day... it was walking distance from the house. 

• Like 1