USING NCL AIRFARE

piglet55cc

I am scheduled to go on Pride of America in Nov. 2022. I was wondering if anyone has used the NCL option for airfare where it was BOGO.  Do they book you on a flight where you have to pay extra for a carry-on or choose your seat?  Were able to sit with your spouse or travel companions? When I booked last November I was told I would know 60 days out. Now I am told I will not find out until mid-October.

Anything else you could add would be helpful. Right now when I look at flights, I am looking a 20+ hour travel time from Ohio with 2 stops.

NCL is unlikely to give you the best routing for a severely discounted fare. Are you flying in a day or two before, or trying to arrive the day of sailing?

Using some random dates, I am seeing one stop (DEN on United or DFW on American) and travel times of around 13 hours. But you will need to fly in the day before, which I always recommend anyway.

After all the problems with delays and cancellations, I made sure to come in a day early. I chose to have NCL book the hotel and transfers, because of all the uncertainties of when we would arrive. The cheapest flight I have seen the past week is $596 pp. It doesn't get us into HNL until 8:57pm. If they choose this flight I will have to pay extra for a carry-on.

Don't rely on NCL air or discounter websites like Expedia etc.

I checked CLE to HNL on Expedia and saw what you did, a flight leaving CLE around 7AM arriving in HNL at 8:57PM, which is INSANE, because it has you going through ATL.

Looking at United I see a 7:15AM to SFO, arriving 9:50AM and SFO to HNL leaving at 10:40AM, arriving HNL at 1:05AM. If you book those flights through UAL as one flight (meaning they will transfer the luggage) 50 minutes is plenty of time for a connection on UAL at SFO.

It might cost a little more (or not), but it is a reasonable schedule.

There is also a 7:11AM United CLE to LAX arriving at 9:29AM and then an 11:15AM, LAX to HNL, arriving 2:09PM.

Both the SFO or LAX options make a LOT more sense than going through ATL. You can also check CLE to OAK, OAK to HNL.