Chef’s Table

nyupipe

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, CheckersMidwest said:

The Chef's Table is a multi course meal prepared by the chef . There isn't a menu, he decides what to serve. We were given a sample menu/list afterwards as a souvinier to remember what we had. They explain each course as it is served. All very good.

The Chef does not decide what to serve. We went to Chef's table on the Glory in May, it was good but a lot of food.  At the time it appeared that some ships had a $75.00 Chef's table and some ships had a $95.00, there were two separate menus depending on which option the ship offered. 

• Like 1

Okay, I have done the Chef's Table often over the past 10 years.  As everything else, the price has gone, and the quality has gone done (somewhat).  The meals are still good, just instead of filet mignon they did a strip, and other similar changes.  

Here is the menu from the Magic in August.  I will also note that, while wine is included, it was not as free flowing as in the past.  I had to flag down the sommelier for additional pours several times.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, skywalkr2 said:

I'll be doing my first Chef's table next cruise (<10 days) so I am excited.  However I don't drink wine, so hopefully it won't feel like a ripoff to me afterwards.

No one in my family drinks alcohol and we dine at the Chef's Table every cruise when it is offered.  We always enjoy the food, experience and the company, and have never felt as if we received less of a value because we did not drink the wine.  Hopefully, you will have the same experience.  They do offer "clear/regular" or "sparkling" water for those not drinking the wine.  It is always a great experience with several courses, so pace yourself and enjoy it.  

On 9/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, SunshineOnTheBrain said:

Okay, I have done the Chef's Table often over the past 10 years.  As everything else, the price has gone, and the quality has gone done (somewhat).  The meals are still good, just instead of filet mignon they did a strip, and other similar changes.  

Here is the menu from the Magic in August.  I will also note that, while wine is included, it was not as free flowing as in the past.  I had to flag down the sommelier for additional pours several times.

Untitled.png

I have a bouquet of group photos from various Chef's Table over the years (including 3 from September of last year to last month). I don't think the quality or experience has been diminished. Aboard the Magic last month I had the best overall experience in my 10 or so. The Chef was the most personable and truly connected with his guests, the sous chef's and lead server (sommelier ) were so gracious.  Everyone has a different experience... I just had my best last month aboard the Magic (other than a disorganized meet-up).

On 9/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, SunshineOnTheBrain said:

Untitled.png

That is the same menu from our Chef's Table on Sunshine over Labor Day weekend this September.  I agree, the wine was not poured out as generously as past CT's we've experienced.  The portions were smaller (which we thought was a positive since we have felt stuffed from eating too much in the past) and the other CT guests were a lot of fun. 

On 9/6/2022 at 1:50 PM, wesorbeth said:

The Chef does not decide what to serve. We went to Chef's table on the Glory in May, it was good but a lot of food.  At the time it appeared that some ships had a $75.00 Chef's table and some ships had a $95.00, there were two separate menus depending on which option the ship offered. 

Actually , the chef sets the menu. It is printed and given to you at the end as a souvenier. When they assign you your time.....some people get lunch and others get dinner. Sometimes those meals differ on the same sailing.

Just now, CheckersMidwest said:

Actually , the chef sets the menu. It is printed and given to you at the end as a souvenier. When they assign you your time.....some people get lunch and others get dinner. Sometimes those meals differ on the same sailing.

I didn't know they had a Chef Table lunch.  Interesting!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CheckersMidwest said:

Then why is the menu the same across the fleet? I see two menus, they are always identical.  

20 hours ago, CheckersMidwest said:

If they try to give me a lunchtime schedule, I will be asking for my money to be returned.

On the Panorama in July......they assigned you your Chef's Table time after you were aboard. There was a letter confirmation in your room. We got elegant night , other people got other nights, and some got lunch. Maybe it depends on how many people are signed up. The Chef's Table was also 'closed' due to covid and just reopened with the July sailings, maybe they were trying to book as many as possible ?! The couple we sat  at our session, try to do the Chef's Table at every sailing it is available. She was talking about different things they'd had to eat. The menu on the Panorama was the first time they'd had that menu.