Carnival Vista Lyft Availability

Lee Cruiser

When we got off in March, we were one of the first group off.  There weren't many options for a Lyft and it took a few minutes to get my ride accepted.  
We did end up getting one. 

During our stay in Galveston I chatted with a few of the drivers while on rides.  From what I understand a lot don't feel it worth it to drive as most people getting off the ship are staying another night and don't go far.  I thought it would be the opposite, lots of people looking for rides, so lots of people looking to drive.  But I guess they don't make much money on the short trips. 

41 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

When we got off in March, we were one of the first group off.  There weren't many options for a Lyft and it took a few minutes to get my ride accepted.  

During our stay in Galveston I chatted with a few of the drivers while on rides.  From what I understand a lot don't feel it worth it to drive as most people getting off the ship are staying another night and don't go far.  I thought it would be the opposite, lots of people looking for rides, so lots of people looking to drive.  But I guess they don't make much money on the short trips. 

That's interesting.  I would think there would be quite a few wanting to take Lyft back to the airports that day.  Did you schedule that morning or did you do so beforehand?  I'm more familiar with Uber and have used it several times.  This will be first time using Lyft.

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

That's interesting.  I would think there would be quite a few wanting to take Lyft back to the airports that day.  Did you schedule that morning or did you do so beforehand?  I'm more familiar with Uber and have used it several times.  This will be first time using Lyft.

I thought the same thing. 

I did not schedule ahead of time because of internet access.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1kaper said:

That's odd, I think we waited less than 5 minutes when we got off the ship.

We used Lyft last November. We got a ride accepted right away but the traffic around the port was gridlock. Lyft Driver called and we agreed to cross the street into the Strand for pick-up. It wasn't far, we had only carry-on type luggage and it turned out to be much faster for us. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Expressman said:

We used Lyft last November. We got a ride accepted right away but the traffic around the port was gridlock. Lyft Driver called and we agreed to cross the street into the Strand for pick-up. It wasn't far, we had only carry-on type luggage and it turned out to be much faster for us. 

I'm guessing we could do that and get Uber as well.