breakfast menu on concierge class

cruisingDA

My DH and I were just talking about this tonight. We have our first CC class cabin on the Summit in June and were wondering whether the breakfast menu was different. So thanks from us too!

Well Folks, at a great risk of being slammed I must again give my review of my much anticipated cc class breakfast room service

6 months prior to our Summit Hawaii Cruise we were so excited about being in an aft balcony cc class we collected all the information we could about room service menus, cc amenities etc. The cabin was great...the service great...

but.....

the Granola Parfait....never available (ordered twice)

the French toast sticks not available (ordered once)

The much talked about smoothies: I ordered all flavors they were warm and gritty.

The blueberry pancakes....ice cold...served with cold syrup.

and lastly...room service coffee truely undrinkable it was like sludge.

The scrambled eggs and asparagus although cold were quite tasty and the omlets were good, but,

We finally gave up on room service breakfast and made our way to the buffet or dining room each morning. Coffee much better and the waffles up there are to die for....so much so we bought ourselves one of those waffle machines and I have loaded up on cherries.

Just another persons opinion I thought I might throw out there for anyone who is interested.

I was on the Zenith in February and the one time we ordered room service it was the best brekkie we had. They did forget the toast, but otherwise it was awesome.

I had the scrambled eggs and asparagus and they were piping hot. Unlike my eggs Benedict in the dining room.

The fresh squeezed OJ was really good too.

In response to the "sludge" coffee. It has been my experience that the coffee served from the wait stations on each deck for cabin services is just that. I always have asked that the butler/waiter bring the coffee only from the buffet/dining area. Works for me!

It hadn't occurred to us that CC had a separate breakfast. Something to look forward to for our CC cabin on the Zenith, 5/13 to Bermuda.

Can you get the "Concierge Class Signature Dishes" other than through room service?

The fresh squeezed OJ was really good too.

I will second that. We asked for 4 glasses! We also liked the blueberry yoghurt and poached eggs. We typically ordered full room service breakfast on port days and went to Deck 10 on sea days.

On sea days we ordered a pot of hot water (to make our own coffee using a french press), 4 glasses of orange juice, and blueberry yogurt.

I have to ask - Does this room service menu also work for a Sky Suite or is there a different menu?

I hear all about CC class but nothing about Suites. We are splurging for our cruise in Sept and hope we have not made the wrong decision by going with a Sky Suite on Sport Deck vs a CC.

I have to ask - Does this room service menu also work for a Sky Suite or is there a different menu?

I hear all about CC class but nothing about Suites. We are splurging for our cruise in Sept and hope we have not made the wrong decision by going with a Sky Suite on Sport Deck vs a CC.

It is my understanding that just the CC has the special menu. No, that doesn't make any sense, but it's what I have been told in the past. Hopefully someone with experience can clarify it for you.

We were in a suite on the Mercury last October and I wrote several things from the CC breakfast menu on the regular suite breakfast menu. I never had any problems getting those items from the CC menu.

I've read several messages from suite passengers who asked for the CC menu and were told that it was restricted to CC passengers. So just take a copy of the CC breakfast menu with you and write in what you want from that menu on your suite breakfast menu card. Also, it doesn't hurt to be friendly with your butler. :D

I've been in a regular cabin, non suite or cc, and have copied onto the Breakfast Room Service menu things I'd like that weren't there. I have never had a problem.

e.g. I love X's Sticky Buns and Chocolate Danish. Actually I'm drooling as I write. I've had no problem getting them by writing them in.

You get a much bigger room and a butler. How can that be a mistake, even if you don't get CC menu items? Enjoy!

Does anyone else find that the room service breakfast often forgets items or gets orders wrong? I loved the quality of the food, but some things usually don't make it to the room. I think there is a real disconnect between their capacity to serve breakfast and people's capacity to order it. Especially when the buffet effect kicks in and you order more than you would normally eat.

I'd never dreamed of complaining, because they work so hard to bring the breakfast in, set it up, and then clear it out of the room. And I know that the stateroom attendant can't much control what the kitchen does.

But I admit, it guilted me out of ordering breakfast more than twice, and the second time we deliberately limited our choices. I don't know what to make of the situation, it feels very churlish to complain, particularly with the Lido breakfast so close.

Patrick, I have to agree with you. Fresh squeezed oj, omlets, fresh fruit and a wonderful view of the water in warm weather - oh to be back on the Constellation.

Now having said that, the pancakes were sort of hard but I found out why. I think that they're frozen and then warmed up. At least that's what they seemed to do at the waffle/pancake section. Also, I didn't like the cold toast. Other than that, everything was wonderful

Does anyone else find that the room service breakfast often forgets items or gets orders wrong? I loved the quality of the food, but some things usually don't make it to the room. I think there is a real disconnect between their capacity to serve breakfast and people's capacity to order it. Especially when the buffet effect kicks in and you order more than you would normally eat.

I'd never dreamed of complaining, because they work so hard to bring the breakfast in, set it up, and then clear it out of the room. And I know that the stateroom attendant can't much control what the kitchen does.

But I admit, it guilted me out of ordering breakfast more than twice, and the second time we deliberately limited our choices. I don't know what to make of the situation, it feels very churlish to complain, particularly with the Lido breakfast so close.

I laughed when I read this since this was our exact experience too! Like you, we'd never complain, but they never got the order 100% correct. We noticed that they tended to mess up Omlet orders the most. I think we may have written in about it on our comment card at the end of the cruise--just to bring it to their attention. From my experience, Celebrity is pretty good about reading those cards and taking action if enough people mention something.

Archived