Add Touch Pads to The Galley (or full ordering on the app?)

CruisingWalter

3 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Have they fixed the issue of the servers standing around talking  with each other while there are no clean tables and people waiting for service?  I'll find out next week, but I sure hope so.  It was purely a management problem--there didn't seem to be a supervisor in site and the people working just didn't seem to be able to identify a dirty table or anything else that needed to be done!  This was about 6 months ago, so here's hoping!

The only time I saw them standing around chatting was during the slow times. Didn't really notice how quickly they were bussing tables as we were just there to grab breakfast and get back to our balcony. That took over 25 minutes to get our food because of the wait to flag down someone, but I really didn't pay much attention to what was happening in the greater Galley area. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was on in December one day my friend and I stopped at the soda fountain. He had a hot dog and I had the pretzel as well as a couple of the "adult" floats. For the last two days he raved about the hot dog but they were closed because something was broken.

Service in The Galley is actually good on my current cruise.  Very little waiting after being seated, and I'm not seeing servers standing around.  Unfortunately, the beverage selection has ranged from minimal to crummy (started with nothing in the juice dispensers and only Fanta and regular Coke in the soda machines).  Now we have juice, lemonade, and tea in the dispenser and they have added ginger ale to the soda machines.  Other things--Diet Coke, Coke Zero, etc. are available at restaurants and bars and some choices from servers in THe Galley.

• Thanks 1

We had an issue at breakfast on scarlet today- the printer at one of the food stands was apparently down, so no orders were actually getting in!  Not the end of the world because we already had grabbed a bunch of food from the bento box stand, but annoying nonetheless- you’d think someone would notice if they literally weren’t getting a single order during the breakfast rush!