Getaway Bar questions

jerseyfresh72

Hi Everyone,

I am sailing on the Getaway this Saturday and have questions about peoples recent experiences of the types liquor and the wines selections available. Thanks to Birds review I was able to read the menus but still have some questions. The answers will help me determine if I should upgrade to Premium Plus or stay Premium. To give some context I like to drink Jack Daniels during the day switch to wine in the evening

I have been reading reviews where people say Jack Daniels No 7 is being phased out of NCL leaving only Gentleman Jack available on the premium plus menu. Is this true and is anyone having problems with this?  

I am staying in the Haven and see that bottles of Santa Margherita (my favorite) are included in Premium Plus. Can I get this with dinner or is this available only to the main dining room? 

With Premium Plus I know can have any wine available by the glass. Are all of these available in the haven or just what is available at the haven bar?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Was on the Getaway in July.  They had Jack Daniels everywhere.  Wasn't a shortage that I noticed.

Can't help you with the wine question.  I'm not a wine drinker.

But, found drinks I liked in the Haven with the drink package, and didn't feel deprived in any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseyfresh72 said:

I am staying in the Haven and see that bottles of Santa Margherita (my favorite) are included in Premium Plus. Can I get this with dinner or is this available only to the main dining room? 

I can't answer that, but if it's not in the Haven just ask for it.  Inform the concierge or restaurant manager ahead of time that you'd like a bottle of it with your dinner in the Haven.  They'll get it taken care of.  

Of course, everyone else in the Haven restaurant will starve to death because of this mundane request.  😄 (A reference to a different thread.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We were in the Haven on the Getaway in May with the upgraded package. There were several wines that were on the menu that were not available and the servers always found a suitable replacement and did not charge us if the cost was more. We started every dinner with a glass of Veuve Cliquot, which paid for the upgrade charges. We would also have our partially consumed wine sent to our cabin to enjoy either later in the evening or the next afternoon. The Haven bartender  made some truly miraculous drinks which we enjoyed. We felt we got our money's worth. That said, when we cruise in a club suite in January, we will make do with the regular drinks package.

• Like 1