Parking in Manhattan cruise terminal

AACJ

So we are cruising out of the Manhattan cruise terminal.  We want to explore some restaurants both on the day of our embarkation and our departure.  There's two parts to my question(s).  

1)  If we are able to park early enough, and drop our luggage off, how feasible is it to grab an Uber/Lyft to go to maybe two restaurants that are somewhat close?  Looking for bagels at Zabar's and some dim sum.

2)  Since we already occupy a spot in the garage when we return, will the parking garage allow us to put our luggage in the car and leave the car there until we finish going to a few more restaurants in the city?  I mean, we are paying for the day, why shouldn't we be allowed to do it.

I checked their FAQ's and it said nothing and I even tried calling every number listed for the terminal but it seems like they don't have any direct dial numbers to any persons  to talk to, goes to a recorded message. or they just don't want to talk to anyone.  

Thank you in advance!

7 minutes ago, AACJ said:

So we are cruising out of the Manhattan cruise terminal.  We want to explore some restaurants both on the day of our embarkation and our departure.  There's two parts to my question(s).  

1)  If we are able to park early enough, and drop our luggage off, how feasible is it to grab an Uber/Lyft to go to maybe two restaurants that are somewhat close?  Looking for bagels at Zabar's and some dim sum.

2)  Since we already occupy a spot in the garage when we return, will the parking garage allow us to put our luggage in the car and leave the car there until we finish going to a few more restaurants in the city?  I mean, we are paying for the day, why shouldn't we be allowed to do it.

I checked their FAQ's and it said nothing and I even tried calling every number listed for the terminal but it seems like they don't have any direct dial numbers to any persons  to talk to, goes to a recorded message. or they just don't want to talk to anyone.  

Thank you in advance!

Number 1.....one you are going North and other South. Big Z is north of the terminal. If you are looking for DD, Chinatown is way down south. Have 2 do your research.

From past experience,  Cruise Ship terminal only use is when cruise ships on in. Otherwise the place is pretty dead. That's why no phone answering.  My brother used to work customs there. I don't know without asking if you can exit parking,  pack and reenter parking at the terminal. 

I think I found an answer to my own question, which should give us plenty of time at the beginning and end of our cruise to explore some. It wasn't on a part of their website I would think it would be (FAQ's) but it says

"Hours

Cruise parking opens at 8:00am. Check out at 1:00pm."