Transpacific Brisbane to Seattle April 13, 2023

Mamacat6

4 hours ago, Suz&Sean said:

but decided to stay right downtown so we can get a little taste of Brisbane. 

We're doing the same, even though it'll only be one evening and departure morning. We'll have already jet lagged in Perth.

BTW, been to your hood a few times. My old ad agency guys were in Belton and a friend owns Donnell's Motorcycles in Independence. 

All those crazy storage caves all over blew my mind

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 7:34 AM, EngIceDave said:

We're doing the same, even though it'll only be one evening and departure morning. We'll have already jet lagged in Perth.

BTW, been to your hood a few times. My old ad agency guys were in Belton and a friend owns Donnell's Motorcycles in Independence. 

All those crazy storage caves all over blew my mind

We are getting some of our jet lag out in Hawaii before Brisbane so we shouldn't be too bad. We do love KC. Only been here about 10 years but it feels completely like home. My DH Sean used to go climbing in a climbing gym something like 300 feet underground in one of the huge caves. Sean just retired last year and we are loving the freedom. Not so much the lack of income 😄

Susie

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisingbythesea said:

Meet and greet sounds good to me.  

Also regarding Mahjongg, I will bring my set and would be glad to help people learn how to play.

Linda

I would be interested in learning to play Majongg, and in attending the meet and greet. And I’m Lynda, too.

Edited by zashi99

On 3/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, baloothecat said:

This is what I was sent from Carnival that says masks required. Of course things can change.

DD21517D-B956-4545-96BA-CA77A12E11B8.jpeg

My question to that is, when does it become a Carnival US cruise? Once we leave port?

I have a feeling once we leave AUS, we'll be on US rules and that'll be relaxed.

15 hours ago, kaykayozzie said:

So that's two of us Linda. You might recognise me from my portrait. How does the Limelight Lounge sound for a location? Kay

I appreciate the offer and would be happy to say hello if we meet in passing, but we are not into social gatherings. Especially over the last couple years.

Hi everyone I’m Catherine I am from Arizona, going solo this cruise. It will be number 19 with Carnival. I am beyond excited to go to Australia. I arrive on April 4th. I got a smoking good deal on a condo in Brisbane not to far from pier for the 9 days. As well as for the cruise and flights. Couldn’t resist. 

Anyway, I love to play cards. I play every week in my community a game called SWOOP very simple game easy to learn, and chat while playing.(Google it for directions if you want), Phase 10 which is sort of a cross between rummy and Uno., Also hearts or spades. I will bring all decks of cards, so if anybody’s interested, please post we can set a date and time where we can meet like in the Buffet or in other meeting areas or seating areas.Suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Have a wonderful day everyone 🛳🎉🎊🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Edited by Cruisin Cathy AZ
Forgot to mention I was interested in meet and greet

5 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

My question to that is, when does it become a Carnival US cruise? Once we leave port?

I have a feeling once we leave AUS, we'll be on US rules and that'll be relaxed.

I guess we will find out onboard unless we get an official letter from Carnival beforehand. I’m hoping also for more relaxed rules but will go with the flow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baloothecat said:

I guess we will find out onboard unless we get an official letter from Carnival beforehand. I’m hoping also for more relaxed rules but will go with the flow. 

Same. Wife and I did Horizon after start up and needed masks and it was no big deal. We don't hang out in the bars and clubs anyway.

• Like 1

On the recent princess transpacific to Tokyo masks were required and they were handing out surgical masks to get into the theater etc and asking people to wear them constantly. So they may suggest KN95 but that was not what was passed out to passengers. In many cases these passengers used the mask to warm their chin most of the time. I really enjoyed my cruise and have cruised a lot in the last 3 years. If you have a cloth mask or something that is comfortable to you, they will not make you wear the KN95 masks.

One thing that changed once we got to Hawaii going west was that they put people in the dining rooms asking people to wash their hands. I didn't notice this before Hawaii.

So if I had to guess when the cruise becomes a US cruise, it would be Hawaii.

23 hours ago, Suz&Sean said:

We are getting some of our jet lag out in Hawaii before Brisbane so we shouldn't be too bad. We do love KC. Only been here about 10 years but it feels completely like home. 

Where do you live in Kansas City? My wife used to live there in the north land about 30 years ago. We lived in mid Missouri most of the time and recently moved to St. Louis about a year and a half ago.

21 hours ago, Cruisin Cathy AZ said:

Hi everyone I’m Catherine I am from Arizona, going solo this cruise. It will be number 19 with Carnival. I am beyond excited to go to Australia. I arrive on April 4th. I got a smoking good deal on a condo in Brisbane not to far from pier for the 9 days. As well as for the cruise and flights. Couldn’t resist. 

Anyway, I love to play cards. I play every week in my community a game called SWOOP very simple game easy to learn, and chat while playing.(Google it for directions if you want), Phase 10 which is sort of a cross between rummy and Uno., Also hearts or spades. I will bring all decks of cards, so if anybody’s interested, please post we can set a date and time where we can meet like in the Buffet or in other meeting areas or seating areas.Suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Have a wonderful day everyone 🛳🎉🎊🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Hi Catherine,

I’m up for some cards! Happy to learn new ones too. Anyone up for cribbage or Euchre? 

Maybe those interested meet day 3 (Saturday)? Anytime but early or during bingo.

Duane 

4 hours ago, Dsaar50 said:

Hi Catherine,

I’m up for some cards! Happy to learn new ones too. Anyone up for cribbage or Euchre? 

Maybe those interested meet day 3 (Saturday)? Anytime but early or during bingo.

Duane 

We like cribbage to and any new games will work for us.

https://www.carnival.com.au/legal/covid-19-legal-notices

MASKS AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING

Masks are not required on board during your cruise. However, masks will be required during the entire embarkation and debarkation process in the home port. Additionally, we recommend guests wear masks in public indoor spaces, outdoors when in large congregate events where physical distancing cannot be maintained and on water shuttles.

This is more up to date than the email that was sent out in January regarding masks on Australian cruises  ...................

I was speaking to a Carnival rep last week an she advised that what was on the Covid 19 Covid protocol page was current.  

On 2/19/2023 at 3:49 PM, Eliot Ness said:

I'm starting to get confused on what dates we're going to be at the ports.  Carnival shows us crossing the date line on Thursday April 20, then in Tahiti the next day on Friday April 21.  Isn't there a date change crossing the date line? 

Plugging in our cruise dates into Shore Excursions:

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/?source=Adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQiArsefBhCbARIsAP98hXTYYzpL39I3nDFTCeb-aXFyNUO1X37JcAIVBYUM63mpQ2olwrQ38roaAq8oEALw_wcB

They show us repeating April 20, which throws off scheduling private excursions.  They also have Noumea on the 15th instead of the 16th and Suva on the 17th instead of the 18th.  This really makes booking private excursions a hassle.  I've already booked Noumea and Suva with Viator, but now I'm concerned that I've booked the wrong dates.  Any ideas on this? 

Just my opinion.... I would trust Carnivals itinerary on the booking confirmation before an outside site.  When we cross the date line we do repeat Thursday April 20th as we are sailing east to west,  so Tahiti on the 21st is correct.  

Don't know about your bookings???? You would think if the ship is not in port that day they would meet you there the next day???? I would reach out to them I guess.   

11 hours ago, mainecruisefan said:

Is there anyone who has been on the luminosa recently? Is there a kettle in the stateroom or can you request one?

I know that all cruises do not allow a kettle in your cabin for safety reasons. Same with candles, irons etc Kay

1 hour ago, kaykayozzie said:

I know that all cruises do not allow a kettle in your cabin for safety reasons. Same with candles, irons etc Kay

Most cruises I have taken lately have had the option of a coffee maker in the room (NCL). Also, princess puts them on the Diamond Princess in Asia. Im hoping the Australia market is similar and that carnival has them. I know MSC does not have them.

If you can still get coffee from room service for free this is a non issue. Does Carnival still have a limited free breakfast room service menu?

I also foiund out the Luminosa does not have self laundry like other carnival ships. So no need to pack dryer sheets this time. That makes more room for snorkel and ukulele.

I am excited for the cruise... the South Pacific can't be beat.

Edited by mainecruisefan