Anybody ever done a cruise to nowhere?

I don't know if RCCL offers one, but I was just wondering if anybody has ever done a CTN, and if so, how did you like it?

Yeah, but not like you're thinking about! 3 knots to no where poking holes in the ocean for a couple months at a time, but that's another story. I looked into this and can't remember the cruise line, but there was a 2 night CTN from Norfolk, VA and another from NYC. My first impression, it was pretty pricey for a 2 nighter. JMHO.

Wraithe

Actually they have offered a cruise to nowhere. But not on a regular basis. I think the only time they offer it is when they are bringing out a new ship and they have a small window when they have VIP 2day trips but you generally can not count on finding one, but look.

Certainly RCCL has a couple of trips to NOWHERE!!! Try the Sovereign, or the Monarch. We are aboard the Monarch last August, for a 4 day trip and we are back aboard tomorrow for a B2B trip to nowhere.

And you know what..............trips to nowhere are great cruises!!

Rick

Certainly RCCL has a couple of trips to NOWHERE!!! Try the Sovereign, or the Monarch. We are aboard the Monarch last August, for a 4 day trip and we are back aboard tomorrow for a B2B trip to nowhere.

And you know what..............trips to nowhere are great cruises!!

Rick

rubrrick - have you seen the site us Arizona cruisers go to. We are starting to meet once a month for lunch/dinner to share stories and photos. Should be fun. If you want the website let me know. Can't put it here, they will remove my post.

rubrrick - have you seen the site us Arizona cruisers go to. We are starting to meet once a month for lunch/dinner to share stories and photos. Should be fun. If you want the website let me know. Can't put it here, they will remove my post.

If CC has a problem sharing something like this, shame on them!! I am a very staunch CC member, but if you need to email me, try rick@allenstudebaker.com

I have never had a problem with CC. So far they give out the best information on ships, cruises, and things to do ashore. As long as this takes place, I will be a major supporter of CC.

Please drop me a line at the address above.

Rick

If CC has a problem sharing something like this, shame on them!! I am a very staunch CC member, but if you need to email me, try rick@allenstudebaker.com

I have never had a problem with CC. So far they give out the best information on ships, cruises, and things to do ashore. As long as this takes place, I will be a major supporter of CC.

Please drop me a line at the address above.

Rick

I sent you an email with the link. Hope you find it fun and useful.

Yes. In December we did a 2 night cruise to Nowhere on Celebrity Millennium. She was coming out of dry dock from Europe as well.

It ended up being UN usaul cruise ..... a lot of UN usual events BUT we still had a Great Time! LOL We could have a Good Time in a Paper Bag!!!!

We took the 2 nighter on the Millennium in Dec as well.

Celebrity also had a 2 nighter on the Century this past January. I've seen it offered for next January also. Was lots of fun. Took the kids and had a blast!

We went on a 2 day ctn out of Norfolk on the Victory. It was the last cruise were the drinks were included.....Yes even the alcohol. Needless to say it was just one long party. I looked to book one the next year and the prices are just too much for 2 days and it even leaves from my home port.

One time on a Travel Agent trip back in the 80's. It was fun but very short. Overnight if I remember correctly. A transatlantic crossing would be an interesting thing to do. The only concern I have is seasickness.

I have been on 2 Carnival CTN's out of Norfolk. I went with a friend whose husband was not interested in cruising and I wanter her to see wha it was all about. We had great fun! We only had to carry an overnighter or backpack so no waiting for luggage onboard. We went to all the shows (2 production and 3 comedy). Hard to believe so much was packed in to a 2 night cruise. We even had formal night, with pictures, on the second night, as well as the Captain's welcome aboard party. My friend loved the slots tournament.

It was great, but the biggest drawback, other than it being so short, is that the price has gone so high that I could do a 3 or 4 nighter for the same price. I wish they would have more CTN's but make the price reasonable. I have a lot of friends who would like to see what a cruise is like.

Actually they have offered a cruise to nowhere. But not on a regular basis. I think the only time they offer it is when they are bringing out a new ship and they have a small window when they have VIP 2day trips but you generally can not count on finding one, but look.

I'm actually going on a 2-night CTN on the Freedom at the end of May, on RCI's invitation to high volume agencies.

Regards,

Enrique

Archived