Copenhagen Disembarkation

bizinsider

Hi all...

For those who have done a disembarkation on Seabourn in Copenhagen: The BA flight to LHR > the U.S. we need leaves at 10:50 a.m. The ship "arrives" at 7. We're debating overnighting vs. that morning. I'm curious what the recent experience has been for those with morning flights. 

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, bizinsider said:

Hi all...

For those who have done a disembarkation on Seabourn in Copenhagen: The BA flight to LHR > the U.S. we need leaves at 10:50 a.m. The ship "arrives" at 7. We're debating overnighting vs. that morning. I'm curious what the recent experience has been for those with morning flights. 

Thanks!

I was there on July 30. I made different arrangements due to BA not running that flight. I guess it’s back on the schedule……. It will be tight but doable if you arrange your own ride to CPH.

There are plenty of taxis there waiting as well. CPH can be busy so……..

Good luck!!

19 hours ago, bizinsider said:

Thanks, Ira. This is actually for next June, and that flight is currently on the schedule. Just getting ready to book flights. I have a feeling we'll wind up overnighting. 

Yes I would if possible. Saves a lot of stress and I HATE having to get up real early and run off the ship. It just wrecks the last few days for me....................!

• Like 1

On a trip finishing in Copenhagen 2019 the ship didn't  Dock in the city but a port 40 or so miles away. Last minute decision. We were bussed to the centre of Copenhagen and dropped off in the rain to find a taxi! It was very annoying as we had arranged for a taxi to pick us up. They may have made different arrangements for people flying that day however. It is a city worth staying over in however so why not extend your stay.

We were recently on the ovation and spent some time in copenhagen post cruise.  We flew home a couple of days ago.  It took a good hour to go through security, this was after check in/baggage drop off.  Who knows what it will be like next year but currently I would not take a flight prior to noon.

Nanvy

ps.  We had a wonderful cruise, first time on seabourn and the start of lasting relationship!   Long, long time crystal cruisers…very happy with seabourn

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 2

Thanks Nancy and Dunnedge. It's such a tough call. We've were in Copenhagen for a few days before a Crystal cruise quite a few years ago, and did quite a bit. Plus this will be on a Sunday when some things we would like to repeat are closed. I would LOVE to leave the day we arrive, but the risk of the tight squeeze is concerning. So... we're likely to stay the night. We have great memories from our last visit.

• Like 1

If you didn’t visit Louisiana Museum of Modern Art when you were last in Copenhagen then it’s a must and it’s open on Sunday.  It’s about a 45 minute car ride from the center of the city or it’s accessible by train.  Beautiful setting and extraordinary art. Google Louisiana museum for more info. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bizinsider said:

Thanks Nancy and Dunnedge. It's such a tough call. We've were in Copenhagen for a few days before a Crystal cruise quite a few years ago, and did quite a bit. Plus this will be on a Sunday when some things we would like to repeat are closed. I would LOVE to leave the day we arrive, but the risk of the tight squeeze is concerning. So... we're likely to stay the night. We have great memories from our last visit.

You’re welcome.  As we had only done one night pre-cruise stays in copenhagen preciously, it was great to have extended time there after we disembarked the ovation.  We did find quite a bit open on Sunday.

I’ve followed Mary’s blog for quite a few years and look to your next adventure.  Also, I’ve enjoyed following you too over the years along with your buddy Jim. 😉😀

Nancy

@toseaornottoseaThanks for the suggestion!

@nancygpI'm impressed you put 2+2 together! I take a back seat in all of this to Mary, whose writing style is considerably more elegant than mine! Mary is thrilled to know that you have followed her blog (themodernpostcard.com.😉) Hope we get a chance to meet on a cruise one day, and if you are ever on one that stops or starts in San Diego, let us know!

Herb

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bizinsider said:

@nancygpI'm impressed you put 2+2 together! I take a back seat in all of this to Mary, whose writing style is considerably more elegant than mine! Mary is thrilled to know that you have followed her blog (themodernpostcard.com.😉) Hope we get a chance to meet on a cruise one day, and if you are ever on one that stops or starts in San Diego, let us know!

Herb

hi herb…I read Mary’s blog several times in past years as she posted it on the crystal cc board.  She’s a wonderful writer and I love traveling vicariously with the two of you.

I’ve watched CNBC for years, even more so since the pandemic began and I’m an early riser.  I always enjoy seeing you!  Our hotel in copenhagen didn’t get this channel so we watch from our phones

I too hope we meet up one of these days.

nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 1