Princess Cays

Mckoy15

1 hour ago, Mckoy15 said:

Its my first cruise and i booked an bungalow in princess cays. Anybody booked before? How was ur experience? Do they have food you can buy? 

There is free food on the island. It will most likely be a lunch buffet.

My recommendation if it is your first ever cruise is to actually cancel the bungalow, unless you are very wealthy. There are a lot of chairs that you can sit on with shade. It's your first time and you may want to spend it exploring the small island, gift shops, or doing excursions. 

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DrSea said:

There is free food on the island. It will most likely be a lunch buffet.

My recommendation if it is your first ever cruise is to actually cancel the bungalow, unless you are very wealthy. There are a lot of chairs that you can sit on with shade. It's your first time and you may want to spend it exploring the small island, gift shops, or doing excursions. 

Just my 2 cents

I kind of agree with this. Unless you REALLY want the bungalow, I’d cancel. It’s a beautiful island with a ton of beach chairs and a great beach. The ship provides a free lunch buffet on the island and there’s picnic tables to eat at. 
Does the bungalow come with anything like drinks or food, or is it literally just a place to sit? 

• Like 1

I know on Half Moon Cay we always get a Cabana and love it there.  While there are a ton of chairs to sit in, they are not in any shade.  Plus on Half Moon Cay you get your own persona little paradise in your cabana.  Loungers, private shower, and table and chairs, air conditioning, snacks, beverages, snorkel equipment, and lounge floats for the water.  

I personally have not been to Princess Cay, and have read repeatedly it does not compare to Half Moon Cay (which is absolutely beautiful), but I do know I have read several times that people indicated the bungalows are in an area away from the "nicer" beach area and you have to walk to go to the beach if you want the nicer beach to swim, etc..  Basically counter intuitive if you ask me why they would put them off somewhere not as nice, but I have seen this posted several times so just keep that in mind too.  They said the beach area where the bungalows is very rocky, etc.

• Like 1

Unlike the PPs, I have rented a Private Bungalow on Princess Cays (actually two bungalows side by side for our large family group) in 2019.  And unlike the PPs, I do recommend a bungalow, if it's something you think you might like.  And, BTW I am not "very wealthy".  They aren't that expensive.  And they are a nice comfort and convenience.  My family enjoyed having the food brought to us, the air conditioning, and somewhere to use as "base camp" while we went about exploring, playing, and on other excursions, etc.

Here's an old thread that discusses it:

Bungalow: Enjoy the ultimate in luxury during your stay on Princess Cays with the use of your own private bungalow, just a 3-minute walk from the beach. Located in a picturesque palm grove, your island-style bungalow is perfect for families to relax and enjoy the cool air conditioning. These colorful bungalows feature a water mister to keep you cool, as well as a ceiling fan, indoor seating, two outdoor sun loungers and an individual open-air shower. Friendly and attentive staff are also available to take drink orders and help you get to know the area.

From Carnival's site:
What’s Included:

• A cooler full of soft drinks and water.
    • Chips, salsa, and guacamole.
  • Fresh fruits.
  • Snorkel gear for four.
  • Two float rentals.
  • Beach towels.
  • Priority water shuttle service.

best price icon

Accessibility: Tour is ambulatory accessible; you must be able to take a few steps (up/down) and walk short distances. Collapsible wheelchair can be stored.

Good to Know: The price includes up to four guests; only one person needs to purchase the excursion. An additional two guests can be added for an extra per-person surcharge. The bungalow can be locked at request if you wish to leave your valuables inside while you explore the beach. Bungalow location/choice is on a first-come, first-served basis and may be requested once on board.

• Like 1