Mardi Gras forward facing Premium Extended Balcony

lele100

Hi We are going on the Celebration and  I was wondering has anyone stayed on a Forward Premium Extended Balcony on the Mardi Gras (sister ship)?  If so there is a note that says they will have obstructed views.  Can you tell me if you enjoyed those balconies and how bad were the obstructed views?  Thank you.

My choice as far as extended balconies is either one of those balconies mentioned above, or and extended balcony on the side (which we loved last time) however for this cruise it is on Deck 15, right below the Blue Iguana Cantina and do not want to hear the movement in the morning especially with people dragging chairs etc.

Thank you

We booked one for our cruise late last year.  

4 hours ago, Iluvmykindle said:

When you sit down, you cannot see out.  The balcony is huge. 

These are both true.  The former was not much of a factor, for us.  YMMV, obviously:

4 hours ago, Iluvmykindle said:

I would never book one of these again.

We would book this again, we really enjoyed the large balcony and the relative lack of wind - dunno how they did it, but the design (up at deck 14, at least) resulted in very little wind, overall.

But...there are other cabin types to explore on Mardi Gras, so if we book on her again (or the sister ships), we'll probably pick a different type just for the experience.

The lower decks have a steel panel below the railing, however, deck 17 has a glass panel. Wind is almost nil because of a wind deflector above the railing. Deck 17 are spa cabins, and there is an elevator that takes you directly into the spa pool. 

We just got off Mardi Gras and we stayed in #14208. We didn't have an issue with the room or balcony.

It is noted when booked that it is an “obstructed view” balcony, so if anyone chooses to disregard that

and then complain about  it, then they are not too bright of a person.(used the polite terminology here) 

As someone mentioned, the panel below the rail is a non-see through steel panel, so when sitting, you cannot see through or out of this lower panel. You either have to be standing or a very tall person to see out above the rail. Again, we didn't mind this, also....there is an open crew area in the front of the ship, meaning this is where the crew hangs out to socialize with each other. This area is not covered, so there can be a lot of noise from this crew area. Everyone has different sensitive levels, we didn't have an issue with the noise, but I do think “some” might. The door going out to the balcony is VERY heavy, and it does block noise and wind. 

We also had no issue walking to the very front, it's good because you don't have a lot of people walking outside your cabin at all hours of the night, It's just mainly those people who are your neighbors staying in the front area of the deck. 

Foward-Facing rooms do have pros and cons, just like everything else,...overall we don't mind it and will continue to book these rooms as well as aft facing cabins. We enjoy changing it up all the time. 

Edited by markkw07
  • Thanks 1

We stayed in a forward facing extended balcony in January.   We LOVE balconies, so we're a bit picky.   This one really wasn't that bad.  We were on deck 9 and it was pretty big.   We could look out over the front of the ship.   I like looking down at water, so this was a bit different.  It didn't have the great views that you have when you can see through the front panel, but we enjoyed being able to get outside when we wanted.   Nice young chair to take naps in.  Still got some great pictures and sunsets.   Occasionally we could hear some talking from the crew recreation area at the bow, but it wasn't distracting at all.   I was worried that my wife, who uses a walker, would have trouble walking a lot to get anywhere, but it wasn't a problem for her at all.   Just plan ahead an extra five minutes.     The Mardi Gras is a WONDERFUL ship!!!  It really is a game changer type design.   GREAT entertainment.  22 restaurant venues.   Well designed for traffic flow.   We're staying on the 14th deck of the Celebration this December overlooking the front again.   Maybe we'll get even better views being up a bit higher.    This will be a back to back, and the second.week, we move to a regular balcony near the back of the ship, so we'll be able to compare the two and see what we like better.