Dancing on MSC Divina and Meraviglia

LetsBoogie

Hi Cruisers! My husband and I are thinking of a short cruise this winter. We both love partner dancing: salsa, hustle, swing, etc. Have any other dancers taken a Divina or Meraviglia Bahamas cruise and found some good dance spots or bands you love on the ship? We would love a variety of music and would really love some in the romantic Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble style. If you've taken both, how do they compare? I truly appreciate your guidance!!!!!!!

The only dancing I recall on either of these two ships was in their dance clubs with Top 40 music coming from DJ's. Florida sailings have a lot of Latin dancing. Looking at my Meraviglia programs from 2019, there was a Jazz trio playing in the atrium.

If you want ballroom dancing, I think you need to look at HAL.

On 9/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, LetsBoogie said:

Hi Cruisers! My husband and I are thinking of a short cruise this winter. We both love partner dancing: salsa, hustle, swing, etc. Have any other dancers taken a Divina or Meraviglia Bahamas cruise and found some good dance spots or bands you love on the ship? We would love a variety of music and would really love some in the romantic Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble style. If you've taken both, how do they compare? I truly appreciate your guidance!!!!!!!

HI,

My wife and I are ballroom dancers and we have sailed both those ships. Meraviglia just a few months ago.

Divina has a lounge called the Black & White.  There is the typical sized dance floor there.  They have alternating bands. A USA type music band and a Latin band. They alternate, so when one goes on break, the other band comes on.  They both played a variety of music and we had no issue . Latin was always more crowded but we always got in a Cha cha or two.

Mera.....  Thats a different story. They have one lounge on the main promenade and its sort of open right at the entrance to the showroom.  1 band taking breaks basically. Sometimes different people but thats all.  The floor was always tacky and peoples kids always run around it.  The music varied, we did get a few Bolero's in as well as Night club two step and many rumba's.   If your are staying in Yacht club which we do, there is a private lounge with a piano player and small dance floor. When the band went on break, we went up there. No one else danced so the small floor was fine.

I personally would say look at Seashore. 4 places to dance. 2 lounges at ship back on 7&8 and another venue mid ship and the atrium had a floor as well.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, LetsBoogie said:

Wanted to add this to the other comments - the Meraviglia, Deck 19 has the Sky Lounge which always had a Duo in the evening (we were on it a few months ago) and often couples dancing, it was never busy, my take is few people even realized it was there or didn’t bother getting there, a very nice venue.

9 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Wanted to add this to the other comments - the Meraviglia, Deck 19 has the Sky Lounge which always had a Duo in the evening (we were on it a few months ago) and often couples dancing, it was never busy, my take is few people even realized it was there or didn’t bother getting there, a very nice venue.

Yes we saw that, but earlier this year they were not open.

When we sailed there were 400 or so people onboard. Many of the specialty restaurant's we're not open either.