Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Dec 2022

tedub16

We are new to Celebrity and the Eastern Caribbean. We have cruised on NCL (Alaska) and Carnival (Mexican Riviera) and we have decided to upgrade. We would like to know which of the following ports are accessible from the ship. And by accessible, I mean a short walk, less than +/- 1/2 mile to town.

Puerto Plata

San Juan

St Croix

St. Johns

St Kitts

Phillipsburg

Rather not go on  a forced march, but would like to wander around and explore.  If it is a hike we may be more interested in an excursion.  If you have recommendations for excursions, we would be happy to hear them. We are excited to be on Celebrity and cruising again.  We had to cancel a western Mediterranean cruise on Regent in April because of this Covid mess.  Any recommendations or advise would be much appreciated.

T.

You are docked in Old town in San Juan and in town at St, John, Antigua. ( I hope you are aware that you are not going to the island of St. John. ) St. Croix and St. Kitts are a fairly long, but not half mile, walk along a pier to the port shops. At St. Martin, Phillipsburg, you can easily walk to the port shopping area, but it is a hike to town. I suggest walking thru' the port area to the water taxi and take that into Phillipsburg. It is about a 10 minute ride and they run back and forth all day.  The water there is incredibly beautiful. I love taking the water taxi. There is very little to see or do at the port area on St. Croix. I suggest an island tour. There are van taxis at the end of the pier that do the island tour. 

• Like 2

.We were at Puerto Plata in August. They recently opened a new cruise ship pier right in town. We really enjoyed Puerto Plata. It is not as commercialized yet. Took a walking and testing tour that we loved.

Have a fun cruise!

• Like 1

We may be on the same sailing in December. I booked a bunch of excursions bc we had a ton of obc to use up.

We have been to several of the ports before. Most have a “shopping area” right off the ship but San Juan is probably the easiest to walk around without needing transportation unless you want to go far from Old San Juan. We enjoy walking to the fort, shopping in the outdoor park and lunch at a cafe.
Puerto Plata Monkeyland was a blast. St Kitts we took a 10 minute taxi ride to a pretty secluded beach. Had an amazing day. St Maarten is a gorgeous island (half Dutch/half French). Agree with @39August it’s a hike to town. Quite a few really nice beaches there as well but will have to get transportation.