Questions about Canadian Cruise in 2023

Dizzneefan

We are booked on a cruise from NYC to St. John, Halifax, and Sydney in September 2023.  I've got a couple of questions for those who have been to these ports, especially in the fall.

Our cruise is September 16-23.  Can we hope/expect the foliage to be in full Fall glory by that time?

Regarding Sydney, as of now there is only 1 excursion being offer by Carnival.  I understand this may and probably will change, but in looking online for sites of interest in that area, I don't see a big selection at this point.  Can anyone offer any suggestions on things we might want to try?

TIA!

You might want to post your questions in the Canada/New England forum https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/9-canadanew-england/ instead of the Canada/Alaska forum.

For Sydney, I recommend going to Fortress of Louisbourg, although I'm not sure there will be many actors at that time which really add to the enjoyment.  Can't help with the fall foliage question.

• Like 1

Fall foliage is always tricky to predict - you can go the same time every year and get vastly different results. It will also vary by region - generally the more northerly you are the earlier you get them.

At least that has been my experience on my eastern trips.

Dennis

• 1 month later...

A toss up with foliage.. depends on temperature and rain, etc when peaks. We just cruised this route September 11-21, 2022. No color to speak of yet.

I am sure they will offer more excursions as we get into 2023.

In Sydney we did the partial Cabot Trail with Blackwood Tours would highly recommend they were great and we saw more things than other tours had. even did the fun short car ferry to the trail.

Halifax had a great walking path along the harbor and we visited the Maritime museum. Lots of places to eat. We took the ferry to Dartmouth (a short walk from ship) and ate at terminal at other side. A nice day.  The triangle Pub was fun

FYI be sure to change your watch to land time... our phones did not change when on airplane mode and we missed out tour in St Johns.

• 2 months later...