Leaving Friday 9/16 - couple questions

mishelly76

If you booked a gty cabin or bid on an upgrade, you will be notified within 48 hours of your cruise.  The porters at the terminal can handle your luggage tag issue.  DO mention it to your cabin host; he will run down the bags if they don't arrive by the time you get to the room.  Also, we always cover ourselves by placing extra tags with our name on the bags.  You can't have too many, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

If you booked a gty cabin or bid on an upgrade, you will be notified within 48 hours of your cruise.  The porters at the terminal can handle your luggage tag issue.  DO mention it to your cabin host; he will run down the bags if they don't arrive by the time you get to the room.  Also, we always cover ourselves by placing extra tags with our name on the bags.  You can't have too many, right?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, safarigal said:

We do have our cabin number but no luggage labels as yet. 

So, were you in a gty cabin or already assigned cabin?

Couple of questions for others since we are on this cruise too:

Are the wristbands given out at port check in also?

Does Virgin ever send luggage tags by mail or have them on the app for printout or are luggage tags always just provided at the port?

No big deal on any of the questions. Just curious what the "norm" is

2 hours ago, rad798 said:

Does Virgin ever send luggage tags by mail or have them on the app for printout or are luggage tags always just provided at the port?

I think they’ve been sending rockstar bands and luggage tags out ahead of time, but even those are hit or miss.  At the port,

it’s easiest if you know your cabin number, but the porters also have a big list of names/cabins if you forget or can’t find (it’s in the app)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rad798 said:

So, were you in a gty cabin or already assigned cabin?

Couple of questions for others since we are on this cruise too:

No big deal on any of the questions. Just curious what the "norm" is

We received our cabin number when we booked. I'm glad you asked the questions 🙂

Well, 2 days before cruise and still no cabin assignment.

Did receive an email last night to "Level Upgrade Your Voyage". I replied with some low ball offers for different suite cabins. Don't think any of them will be accepted. Then again, did same thing on NCL med cruise last September and ended up in The Haven.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:54 PM, mishelly76 said:

Thanks everyone! I assume if I get a chance to bid on an upgrade it’d be an email? I was hoping to get the chance since we are in a GTY obstructed view. 

Yes, upgrade bidding would come in an email.  A gty can put you anywhere as high as you've booked or higher...so in this case, you could be in an obstructed view or in a regular view.  You can also ask about purchasing an upgrade at the terminal; these were being offered a couple months ago. I don't know if they still are.
Regardless of the reason, the porters have a list of names/cabins, and even if you purchase an upgrade at port, VV will take care of the switch.  No worries. In the past, luggage tags were in the box with the sea bands.  Since they are no longer doing sea bands, I'm not sure what they are doing about tags.  No, you don't print them off at home the way you do on some other lines.

I'm really surprised that they are doing upgrade bids 3 days before the cruise....good luck.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mishelly76 said:

Thanks for the info!  I actually received cabin assignment yesterday afternoon and it was a standard balcony and then last night I received the email to bid on an upgrade so I put in for the XL balcony...fingers crossed!  🙂

Hope you get it, the bathroom is SO much nicer! 🤞

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3