Iona and a baby!

measter1984

We have decided to bite the bullet and book a Norway fjord cruise with our baby for next June when he will be 15 months.

We've got a good idea of what the onboard facilities are like for children however it is not clear what items P&O will provide in rooms (sterilisers, baby baths etc) and how we go about obtaining them. There was no option to note any additional needs at booking.

I've also read that baby food is provided at some restaurants. Is that still the case?

I wouldn't worry about it, the difference between now and 15 months is vast. Our daughter was 18 months on our first cruise.

There is no need for a sterilizer.  Sippy cups can be washed out easily enough.  If you are concerned take some Milton cleaner.

No need for a bath.  By 15 months old you will be into crawling/toddler territory so the shower will be more than adequate.

You can ask for a travel cot and baby bath for your cabin. I did this for my sister when we sailed with her and her toddler. You could also consider taking a small blow up paddling pool to put in the shower, we do this for my 2yr old as he hates the shower.

At 15 months they won't be eating baby food/mush still. Plenty of choice in the buffet for toddler friendly finger food, soups, pasta etc. You also won't need to sterilise at that age, but you could take milton tablets if you really want to.

P&O will provide, travel cot, baby bath (although bit of a pain to use in a shower), sterilizer etc. Just give the contact centre a call and they will note the booking. Its then the cabin steward's responsibility to arrange.

They also provide baby food (its Cow & Gate in jars) from memory. I would recommend pre-ordering through the contact centre so that they stock enough. Its free - just tell them you will be requesting it.

When onboard, just call up room service and tell them how many mains and desert jars you need and they will be them to you. You can also ask in the buffet.

If you prefer MDR food but mashed/puree then just talk to the restaurant manager. First night is sometimes tricky, but they can pre-prepare your childs meal for the next night.