COVID Vax Exemption Enhanced Guidelines Voyages

Uncle Sugar

On 9/13/2022 at 10:01 PM, Kgills said:

I am not able to get the vaccine and am also booked on an enhanced guideline voyage.  Did you receive your exemption letter prior to the recent changes?  Earlier this summer the Princess website listed the same requirements contained in the exemption letter.  As the summer progressed, the website requirements began to differ from the letter and now the website contains none of the information that is in the exemption letter.  When the enhanced guideline voyage information was first released, the website had conflicting info, saying fully vaccinated only in some parts of the site and other parts of the website saying unvaccinated were welcome to sail on the enhance guideline voyage.  With one exception (the only one I have found), the contradicting info has been changed to reflect that unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated are allowed to cruise on these voyages.

Until this past weekend my boarding status in the Medallion app was yellow and now it's green.  In addition, I spoke to a Princess rep last week who said I technically no longer needed to bring my exemption letter to get on the ship, but should probably have it with me just in case.  My conversation with her indicated that the initial restrictions placed in the exemption letter were no longer in place.  It would be worth it for you to call Princess to confirm I'm giving the right information.  If the rep says something different then I would ask to be escalated up to the customer support dept (or whatever the next level up is called).  I only say this because the first rep I spoke to said I couldn't cruise even with an exemption letter. 

Check the enhanced voyages at lot of them are eliminated. Go to the PCL website.

27 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

Almost all have been eliminated. Is this correct though? I thought one of the reasons for the enhanced guidelines was Canada’s insistence on pre- entry testing. Unless Canada has changed its position? All Canada voyages a have been removed from the enhanced guidelines. 

680C1C89-4EC9-405E-8E20-68CCFD51B45D.png

No, I see Canada clearly on the Enhanced voyages, exceptions etc. 
Look again top of the page Princess website.

View guidelines by destinations

vaccination and  testing:

Click on Enhanced Voyages:

From LA/San Antonio (Chile)

From Canada Vancouver 

etc

Edited by PacnGoNow

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Lol. I’m waiting for mine to disappear!

Does not matter too much as we have

had vaxs and boosters already.

My Canada New England cruise still needs Covid testing , but a booster is no longer listed. We are vaxed & boostered anyway.

Canada is  listed separately from  Enhanced voyages chart.

Edited by dog

26 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

Almost all have been eliminated. Is this correct though? I thought one of the reasons for the enhanced guidelines was Canada’s insistence on pre- entry testing. Unless Canada has changed its position? All Canada voyages a have been removed from the enhanced guidelines. 

680C1C89-4EC9-405E-8E20-68CCFD51B45D.png

There are different sections with different requirements.  You need to check the relevant section.

That list  is only for From Los Angeles and Santiago (San Antonio)

for Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Alaska & Canada

The following rules apply

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR

PCR within 72 hours

Not Vaccinated*

Guests 12 years of age and above are not able to enter Canada without medical exemption. Please submit medical exemption to Princess for approval before a booking can be guaranteed.

PCR within 72 hours PLUS Antigen at terminal

there are also different rules for

Voyages Departing and/or Arriving Australia & New Zealand

Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Greece

Voyages Departing from the United States, United Kingdom & Europe*

where most rules are dropped  unless the trip also falls into one of the other sections.

bottom line you need to look at the area that covers your trip with the tightest rules and that will apply.

Edited by ldtr

3 minutes ago, dog said:

My Canada New England cruise still needs Covid testing , but a booster is no longer listed. We are vaxed & boostered anyway.

Canada is  listed separately from  Enhanced voyages chart.

Yes, I think it is much easier to follow.

If it’s no longer enhanced, then follow the departure and destination guidelines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Check the enhanced voyages again, some have been eliminated.

I'm so confused. This "shortened" list only goes to end of 2022. So it is possible that the others in 2023 are still on The Enhanced Guidelines List? We are on the 20Jan 2023 Antarctica cruise on the Sapphire Princess and got an email on Tuesday saying we were on an Enhanced Guidelines Voyage and would need testing prior to boarding. I sincerely HOPE that they dispense with this testing nonsense  by 2023 !

Edited by SClakeliving
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, SClakeliving said:

I'm so confused. This "shortened" list only goes to end of 2022. So it is possible that the others in 2023 are still on The Enhanced Guidelines List? We are on the 20Jan 2023 Antarctica cruise on the Sapphire Princess and got an email on Tuesday saying we were on an Enhanced Guidelines Voyage and would need testing prior to boarding. I sincerely HOPE that they dispense with this testing nonsense  by 2023 !

For now, I would assume so, since you are out of San Antonio or LA.  I think it’s smart to just show it for 2022. Fluid situation.  You have plenty of time.

They can add 2023 voyages at any time.

Who knows what 2023 brings?

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

For now, I would assume so, since you are out of San Antonio or LA.  I think it’s smart to just show it for 2022. Fluid situation.  You have plenty of time.

They can add 2023 voyages at any time.

Who knows what 2023 brings?

I would expect that they will add them 3-4 months before depending upon what various countries regulations.  In the mean time one should plan as if they will not be relaxed and be pleasantly surprised if they do.

On 9/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, Uncle Sugar said:

UNCLE SUGAR, We have the same issue.  We are booked on the Nov 9 Crown Princess and found out about the change requiring a booster the day after our penalty went to 75%.  We are also unwilling to get the booster.  We requested the Exemption and got the same letter with unacceptable  and often unclear requirements (such as only being able to go ashore on Princess tours) - We have relatives in Hawaii and wanted to visit with them NOT take a tour.   Our TA is currently trying to find out the specifics of the exemption requirements.  Did you ever get things resolved?      Paul and Rene

On 9/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, Uncle Sugar said:

According to Princess COVID vaccination definitions prior to September 6th, my wife and I are considered to be “fully vaccinated,” having completed the initial two shots last year (2021).

We have contacted Princess to obtain more specificity as to the number of tests and the out-of-pocket costs involved but have not yet received a response—nor do we expect to hear back based on recent customer service experience.

Because of the sudden appearance of these much more onerous exemption requirements (despite our prior “fully vaccinated” status), we have asked about the feasibility of cancelling this particular voyage, but have been told it’s too late, as final payment has been made and the Princess “Cruise with Confidence” program is no longer applicable to voyages departing after September 30th (our situation).

So, we’re between a rock and a hard place. Anyone else in the same boat? Any suggestions for how to proceed?