My 10 yr old daughter is traveling with grandparents, what do we need to take?

My 10 year old daughter will be cruising with my mom and dad in a few weeks. I want to make sure I have everything they need so they don't have any problems with the flight and/or cruise. This is what I got so far:

Official birth certificate

Missouri state i.d.

Landfall Travel parental consent form which will be notarized and signed by both me and DH

Is that ALL that we need? Anything else you can think of? I don't want my parents to have any problems taking her along. She is just soooooo excited as we've always cruised with my parents but this will be the first time that we're staying home and she'll only be going with the grandparents. Thanks!

Thank you! I forgot all about the health insurance card. I'm also sending my phone card along in case the cell phone doesn't work when they're in port.

Any other things I can't forget? I think she's just about ready to go! (But she has three more weeks to wait!)

You may want to send a Power of Attorney for Medical. My husband's grandniece sometimes accompanies our family on vacations and that's among the paperwork we carry.

While we've never been asked for, or (thank goodness) needed any of this documentation, it certainly is a good thing to bring along. In line for our flight for one vacation, a father and daughter were forced to take a later flight so that they could dash home and get proof of consent for her to travel without the mother.

I think that some airlines/cruiselines are more stringent in their interpretation as to the regulations that make them enforce this. Some countries are more stringent in their laws and/or enforcing their laws. There is also a certain amound of random enforcement. Bottom line, you don't want your vacation ruined (or in this case your daughter's) because of the lack of a few pieces of paper. Be prepared!

Archived