Embarkation at NYC - Recent Cruisers, how has it been lately?

Weeziblu

Hi everyone!  We're sailing 9/24 out of NYC to Bermuda.  This is our first sailing since 2019 (!) and I've been following along the past few months to see how the embark process has been (lines, wait times, confusion, etc) but haven't seen much as of late.  Can anyone share their experience with the embarkation process in NYC. We will be driving to port and parking and have a 10:30-11:00 check-in time.

Thank you!

It was long for me but I had the earliest check-in and didn't show up until around noon so I maybe it would've been better earlier. I can give you exact times. I got in line at the port at 11:50. I made it in the building at 12:40. I boarded the ship at 1:20.

• Like 1

We sailed 9/10 , had 10:30-11 arrival time and parked at port. We arrived around 10:15, parked, went into terminal, easy check-in, on ship 11:15. 

I learned on this site:  Go directly to parking, take your luggage with you from there. Apparently if you drop luggage first, you have to circle back to parking which can take 30-40 minutes. 

Debarkation was easy, walked off with our bags at 8:00, no lines for customs. 

For those debarking with Carnival transportation:  Our FB sailing page is full of horror stories that not enough shuttles were available so people waited hours!  Those who decided to give up on the line simply walked across the street and got Uber/Lyft  

• Like 1

I can’t tell you about parking, but I got to the pier today at 1:25 and was on the ship by 1:50.  Very nice.  They did a very good job of keeping the lines moving and telling you what you should have on hand for each checkpoint.   

Edited by RalphWiggum
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Sept 17 sailing of the Carnival Magic and it was really easy. We had an 11:00 - 11:30 Boarding window and got to the pier around 10:00 AM. We parked, went thru embarkation and were waiting to board by 10:20 AM. Our boarding group was C4, and we were on the ship, thru the muster call and eating lunch in the Lido at 11:25.