No tickets

Falco1964

Hi,

I have booked a cruise departing on September 21 out of Dover. I still have not received my tickets. I have chased FO and the TA, but still no joy after multiple promises. Today FO said that the TA pay FO on a Thursday and then the tickets are released. Has anyone heard this before? Obviously we are quite concerned as the clock is ticking(including a Bank holiday)

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Falco1964 said:

Hi,

I have booked a cruise departing on September 21 out of Dover. I still have not received my tickets. I have chased FO and the TA, but still no joy after multiple promises. Today FO said that the TA pay FO on a Thursday and then the tickets are released. Has anyone heard this before? Obviously we are quite concerned as the clock is ticking(including a Bank holiday)

Thanks 

Normally Fred's tickets first become available online, (via mage my cruises), exactly three weeks before a cruise.  They can be printed off from there, (as we would normally do), though I suspect some do risk showing them on a phone.  I would not rely on internet at a port though, but I think the smartphone savvy can save them, so they would show without internet.  I understand those who book via an agent often have tickets printed out for them, but at a later date because they do not get access to them any earlier.

I assume if your agent has not yet paid Fred that you have booked quite late, which we do not have experience of, but sounds reasonable to me for Fred to wait until they have been paid before releasing tickets.  Once they have been released though, I presume you would be able to access them straight away through manage my cruises on the Fred website, so you could perhaps log in to check that regularly.  If your agent is delaying passing payment to Fred, personally I would be asking them to provide hard copies anyway.  I think it is just one page with a joint ticket for both of us, rather than one ticket each.  From manage my cruises you should be able to click on a link to access your boarding time and it also gives an approximate disembarkation time as well.

Pre printed luggage tags are normally posted out about ten days before your cruise, but labels would be available at the port which you can fill in with the relevant details if you do not have them in time.

Hope you get those be tickets be soon and be enjoy the cruise,

Edited by tring

4 hours ago, Falco1964 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I shall get back onto FO this morning.

Good luck.  Must admit we tend to book direct through the website after we had problems with agents for other cruise lines previously.  Fred's head office had always been easy to contact, unlike other cruise lines.  At particularly bad times in the last few years he has closed his phone lines, but then, as well as other times we found the response to emails was excellent - a return phone call with 20 mins on one occasion.  Not sure if that will continue though, we have no more Fred cruises booked or planned, though have been on about five since covid.