Drink Package - Building up a “Stash”

carolina_yankee

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Downline disembarkation is a 'thing' again?  Any hassles?

None whatsoever, plenty of people were doing it both in Barcelona as well as in Palma. I didn't care for the sea day and flying out of Rome is horrible, especially with the 130 Euro transfer cost. Very easy to fly home from Palma de Mallorca for me as they have flights to pretty much every small airport in Europe.

Did the same thing in Victoria this May as I was planning to go to Vancouver and didn't care for the airport transfer in Seattle and customs/immigration at YVR.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 2:51 AM, Fly and Sail said:

None whatsoever, plenty of people were doing it both in Barcelona as well as in Palma. I didn't care for the sea day and flying out of Rome is horrible, especially with the 130 Euro transfer cost. Very easy to fly home from Palma de Mallorca for me as they have flights to pretty much every small airport in Europe.

Did the same thing in Victoria this May as I was planning to go to Vancouver and didn't care for the airport transfer in Seattle and customs/immigration at YVR.

This is great news!  I've been told they haven't been allowing this since Covid so am very happy to hear it worked for you.

Whom did you contact in order to make the downline request and if by email, how long until they responded?

Edited by cadburysmom

On 9/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, C4HCG said:

😁😁😁or you could move it yourself. Why should you, you’re on hols🤪

I'm not sure, but if you move it yourself you might be charged as if you drank it.  I've always asked for everything to be removed then we fill with what we pick up from bars.  

It's also nice to have water for shore excursion days in your fridge.  Usually they have a water table set up near debarkation, but sometimes not!