Sky overcrowded since kids are back in school?

mlbcruiser

Looking at various ship reviews the last couple of days, I’ve noticed that there aren’t many that are all that up-to-date. Probably because the stoppage and lull due to Covid for a while. There is a smattering of reviews for mostly August and July.

Among a couple of other ships we are considering sailing on NCL’s Sky fairly soon. . Haven’t been on it in a number of years but the last time was a Halloween cruise. I do recall even without a lot of children on board it was very difficult to watch a show in a lounge that passenger traffic had to pass through because there just wasn’t room for all the people trying to see it. I think the layout of the ship may have changed since then but I did just read many remarks about the lack of seating in various places on the ship because there were just too many people on board. Since most of these reviews were quite old or from just this summer, I am wondering if anyone who has been on the ship recently has found  crowding

a problem?  Please don’t hesitate to add any other comments such as food or show quality.

Thanks for any info!

8 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Looking at various ship reviews the last couple of days, I’ve noticed that there aren’t many that are all that up-to-date. Probably because the stoppage and lull due to Covid for a while. There is a smattering of reviews for mostly August and July.

Among a couple of other ships we are considering sailing on NCL’s Sky fairly soon. . Haven’t been on it in a number of years but the last time was a Halloween cruise. I do recall even without a lot of children on board it was very difficult to watch a show in a lounge that passenger traffic had to pass through because there just wasn’t room for all the people trying to see it. I think the layout of the ship may have changed since then but I did just read many remarks about the lack of seating in various places on the ship because there were just too many people on board. Since most of these reviews were quite old or from just this summer, I am wondering if anyone who has been on the ship recently has found  crowding

a problem?  Please don’t hesitate to add any other comments such as food or show quality.

Thanks for any info!

Just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Sky.  It was not crowded at any of the venues.  The seating in the theater is a bit odd, with banquette seating with a row of tightly spaced regular seats in front.  It makes it harder to get into those seats but arriving on time there should be no issues.

Food was excellent throughout.  Service at LeBistro was a bit slow.  The production shows were excellent and the cast put an additional Cabaret style evening featuring Broadway tunes, they were exceptional.  The dancers also put in an appearance at the White Hot party up on deck.  Lastly one of the lounge entertainment groups called "Sonata" brought down the house in the main theater doing a jam-packed rock tribute.  Wherever they performed people were there to enjoy. 

2 hours ago, DensolandMouthy said:

Music to my ears ! 
Im on her next month 🙂  

I have not been on her for awhile.  But my experience both times sailing her was it was more of an older crowd or a booze cruise with not many kids.  

Edited by david_sobe

Thanks for the input. I have not been on her except during late October/early November. Royal Caribbean has always been number one in my book for entertainment, with NCL a nice second. Even though I am a senior citizen, I still like current music, etc. The NCL ships I was on about 10-15 years ago had a slightly younger bent to the entertainment which I really liked. The very small size of the cabins was annoying, though. At least according to Kevin availability right now, it appears the ship will have a pretty good number of people on the two dates we are considering. Glad to hear of others experiences though.