Nieuw Statendam September 17th - 24th Boston to Montreal LIVE Thread

sergel02

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

sergel02 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Well as live as it can be with this internet. 

I’m on this cruise to celebrate my 30th birthday with my family (HAL might be an odd choice but the price and itinerary were great) so I figured I would do another live thread like I did with the Koningsdam last year. 

Itinerary: Bar Harbor - Halifax - Sydney - Prince Edward Island - Sea Day - Overnight in Quebec

- We had to have a negative test and showed vaccine proof, along wi the doing AriveCAN

- We didn’t do VeriFLY but do recommend it because the embarkation was like 2 hours of waiting.

- Purchased the premium internet. It’s not as good as Royal or Celebrity’s though. 

- Embarkation on Day 1 was kind of a mess, but not sure if it was HAL or Port because the San Diego sailing was fine. 

- Around 2100 people on this sailing I believe. 

- The port times are somewhat limited due to noise regulations in order to protect endangered whales in the area (I believe the North Atlantic Whale)

- There’s more but we’re about to leave Bar Harbor so my LTE is about to fall off. 

• Like 2