Short Cruise review

Alslc

1 hour ago, showingdiva said:

To be fair, I wouldn't have thought that tanking up and down the English Channel at 28 knots in one of, if not the busiest shipping separation lanes would be a safe idea.

Undoubtedly, though her progress through the channel is often stately enough for her to be overtaken. On my first Med. cruise, we did eight ports in a fortnight, because the ship sped to the Med. Now she does five or six. Saves a lot of money of course…

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 10:51 AM, exlondoner said:

Whatever Cunard are doing, they are not overworking her. She was designed to cross the Atlantic at 28kts. Now she rarely gets above 23, and not even that on cruises.

Far from it.  We were doing 10/11 knots on the sea day On the previous day the captain said we would get as far as Devon before turning back to Southampton but we crawled along only as far as Portland, so definitely going for fuel saving.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, Host Hattie said:

But she does spend a lot less time in port than ships during regular cruises.

My point was more about her physical condition inside and out, and the fact that damaged/broken things hadn't been fixed.  If she is spending more time at sea there is not the time to fix things.  Unfortunately, it is starting to show.