Fire aboard Explorer of the Seas

rmhelton

How big a deal must it have been if there hasn't been one post from someone who is actually on board the ship.  We all know when something like this happens the boards light up like a Christmas treee with people posting pictures and information.  IMO it's a great big NADA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Probably not.  This was likely a "code bravo" (or whatever term RCI uses), where the fire teams respond, and only when the on scene commander recommends to the Captain that the situation requires sending passengers to muster would that happen.  For every 100 fires on cruise ships, there may be one passenger muster.

Interesting.  Kinda like that one high school where I worked -- the boys' bathroom was perpetually on fire.  Mostly cigarette butts in the trash can.  

9 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I was just about to click the link, but then I saw the firm at the end of it.  I agree with everyone else.  I've actually had dealings with that guy, so I know first-hand how he embellishes and misleads.

I didn't know that, so I thought it was to be taken seriously.  

2 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

When I was in the Navy, I got put on the fire detail as the electrician. This was on an aircraft carrier, fortunately there weren't any fires while I served on that detail.

My brother was in the Navy, and he said that fire-fighting on a ship was probably the most important thing they learned in Boot Camp.  After all, if the ship burns, where are you going to go?  Later, after he had left the Navy behind and was working in a land-based job, they had a fire in the warehouse.  While everyone else ran outside, he ran in.  He put the fire out before the firemen arrived.  

• Like 1

We are onboard this week.  The fire took place while the ship was docked on Miami. We had just entered the terminal when the fire alarm went off.  They calmly evacuated all the guests and staff from the terminal and had us wait across the street.  We didn’t know the fire was on the ship.  We thought someone had pulled the alarm in the terminal.  We could see the passengers onboard eating lunch in the windjammer or sitting on their balconies.  Didn’t hear the emergency signal on the ship at all. 

The fire department responded and came back out after about 20 minutes and left.  Again we didn’t even know they went onboard the ship.  We thought it was a false alarm in the terminal.  After we were cleared to go back in the terminal the staff did a great job of getting everyone through quickly. 

First we heard of the fire onboard was on Day 3 when my husband went up to the pool deck for the corn hole tournament.  He was told the boards burned in the fire, which was in the sports equipment storage room.  

So zero drama associated with the incident. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

First we heard of the fire onboard was on Day 3 when my husband went up to the pool deck for the corn hole tournament.  He was told the boards burned in the fire, which was in the sports equipment storage room.  

So zero drama associated with the incident. 

Except for the corn hole boards....

30 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Oh the inhumanity of it all, not the corn hole boards!!! 😟

13 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Ship's carpenters should have those built in a day, and painted in two.

LOL! Should have included emojis! My pun was that perhaps there WAS a little drama from the corn hole boards' perspective! 😁