Ordering drinks with drink package

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

My wife and I both have the classic drink package. Can I order two drinks with just my card and or our room number or do I need her card also when ordering.?

And just a suggestion….be sure to request your level(or higher), be it Classic or Premium, of alcohol, beers and wine when you place your order.  Be specific about the brand you’re entitled to with your package. If not, the bartenders will serve you the “cheaper” bar brands.  

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

My wife and I both have the classic drink package. Can I order two drinks with just my card and or our room number or do I need her card also when ordering.?

On our last cruise, we had to have both cards to order two drinks.  The only exception was if I tried to order one alcoholic drink and one bottle of water, then they would give me both. 

2 hours ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

We recently finished a cruise aboard the Silhouette using the Classic package. Generally, you'll need to present a separate Sea Pass card for every booze-drink you order -- especially if you look underage -- in the various bars/restaurants onboard.

We found, over time, however. that servers loosened this stricture for us -- especially in the spots we frequented. Often during our cruise, a "familiar" bartender would just use my card or my wife's for a round and, later, just remembered our stateroom number and did not need to see our cards at all 😃

cjr