Sky Princess D701 and D703

DavidsNana

There is a group of regular balcony cabins aft on Dolphin deck of the Sky Princess.  They are just forward of a group of Mini Suites.  They have what looks to be the same size balcony as the mini suites and there was one comment that I read on another site that suggested that these balconies are half covered like the ones on the Caribe Deck of the Caribbean Princess and the other ships in that class.  Has anyone sailed in one of this group of cabins on the Sky?  If so, can you tell me if the balconies are half covered and if there was a lot of vibration since they are aft and low on the ship?  If so, thanks for any info you can give me.

10 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

There is a group of regular balcony cabins aft on Dolphin deck of the Sky Princess.  They are just forward of a group of Mini Suites.  They have what looks to be the same size balcony as the mini suites and there was one comment that I read on another site that suggested that these balconies are half covered like the ones on the Caribe Deck of the Caribbean Princess and the other ships in that class.  Has anyone sailed in one of this group of cabins on the Sky?  If so, can you tell me if the balconies are half covered and if there was a lot of vibration since they are aft and low on the ship?  If so, thanks for any info you can give me.

We have sailed in cabin D702 on Enchanted and D 710 on Sky, both this summer.

The balconies are half covered, large, and we would book again in a heartbeat. 

We didn't notice any vibrations and the area was quiet. 

Quarantine cabins were on the port side and closed off after D702. 

The starboard side was open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 5:20 AM, Lynnewob said:

Not sure if you can tell from these photos of Sky Princess.  If not, someone else may respond with further info.

Sky Princess Dolphin deck BD balconies 1.jpeg

Sky Princess Dolphin deck BD balconies 2.jpeg

Would you say the cabin/balcony is the same size as d725? Also could you look straight down the the sea or was it onto a deck? 
Thanks

D725 is a Deluxe so you will get a sofa, so the cabin will be a little larger than D701-709 which only has a chair.  The balconies appear to be the same size though from the deck plan and only get smaller on D627-631.

We were in D727 and this is a pic of D725's balcony which was empty on our trip.

IMG_20210917_130236.jpg

Edited by Lynnewob
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lynnewob said:

D725 is a Deluxe so you will get a sofa, so the cabin will be a little larger than D701-709 which only has a chair.  The balconies appear to be the same size though from the deck plan and only get smaller on D627-631.

We were in D727 and this is a pic of D725's balcony which was empty on our trip.

IMG_20210917_130236.jpg

Thanks Lynne! Do you know if D725 looked straight down to sea or over deck/cabin? Thanks 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:29 AM, alpha whiskey said:

We have sailed in cabin D702 on Enchanted and D 710 on Sky, both this summer.

The balconies are half covered, large, and we would book again in a heartbeat. 

We didn't notice any vibrations and the area was quiet. 

Quarantine cabins were on the port side and closed off after D702. 

The starboard side was open.

I am booked in D704 on Enchanted which leaves in around 4 weeks from now.  I was able to print my luggage tags.  Does this mean that they won't try to move me now for quarantine rooms?

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I am booked in D704 on Enchanted which leaves in around 4 weeks from now.  I was able to print my luggage tags.  Does this mean that they won't try to move me now for quarantine rooms?

We had the same worries, but all was fine for us. I reckon you should be ok.🤞 They are great balconies.

The quarantine section does not impact in any way apart from having to walk down the starboard corridor, which is no big deal. 

Have a lovely cruise.

• Thanks 1