Short Cruises out of Los Angeles

ScottC4746

How are the short cruises out of Los Angeles?  Are they as booze cruisie as RCCL is?  We took RCCL in 2005 to Ensenada and the crowd felt like "uncle was just released so we are doing a family cruise."  And boy were the bars packed.  People boarding in Ensenada were tipsy at best. 

I've never done one nor do I believe would ever book one.    I think it is universal regardless of cruise line anything 5 days and less will be attractive to a younger crowd that are on the cruise to party.   I've even been on some 7 day cruises around Spring Break that can also have a party crowd. 

I noticed the 5 day Cabo / Ensenada has cabins priced at about $66 a night pp for a room and unlimited food -  

Don't get me wrong -  I'm not against them but just no longer what I enjoy.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

We have taken three RCCL 4&5 day cruises out of LA since the restart. I would not call them booze cruises at all. The Carnival ones yes. We repeatedly commented about what a different crowd and vibe the RCCL cruise was compared to the equivelent Carnival one. It was a nice crowd having a good time. No loud drunk party groups. I would assume that the Celebrity ones would be the same.