Wine package

Ranger28

2 hours ago, Ranger28 said:

Has anyone purchased a wine package recently? If so, can you tell me the offerings and price?

I just googled Cruise the Vineyards and found all the details on the Carnival site. 3 for $77 or 5 for $119. Full list of offerings. Can be ordered from your MDR waiter; for consumption in MDR.

• Thanks 1

There's 2 different levels; standard and premium. Both are available in 3 and 5 bottle packages.  We always get the premium (think 'solid', not 'spectacular')  And an 18% tip is charged.  I don't remember exactly but the fully loaded price on the premium 3 bottle was about $110.  Many bottles available on it 'rack rate' before tip in the low $40s. Add 18% and it's close to $60. Of course that same wine is $20-$25 at Total Wine, etc.

If you plan to drink 3 bottles (or more) on your cruise, it's a meaningful savings.  I believe all the wines available on Premium are available as part of Cheers.  So if you go that route.... 

• Thanks 2

Thanks for posting about this!  I had no idea this existed.  Found all the info just now on the CCL site and sent it to my mom.  We're cruising with my parents and they just don't drink enough to justify the cheers package, but a selection of 5 bottles will do them nicely for dinner!  

• Like 2

Tried to buy a package on the Pride last week, but was told they weren't available due to shortages. We said we didn't want a wide range, as we tend to stick to one or two varieties and don't really experiment, but they still refused to sell us one.

33 minutes ago, backbiter said:

Tried to buy a package on the Pride last week, but was told they weren't available due to shortages. We said we didn't want a wide range, as we tend to stick to one or two varieties and don't really experiment, but they still refused to sell us one.

Wow. Just wow. 

3 hours ago, backbiter said:

That’s what I was afraid of! We don’t drink enough to justify cheers and the wine package is perfect for us.