Sailing March 18th - Spring Break for anyone??

racepoint

We are taking our two teenagers out of school for a 3/18 So. Caribbean cruise. I had assumed all along there would be quite a few other kids their age on board, but after reading these threads, I'm starting to wonder. What can I expect for a 3/18 cruise as far as kids on board? Is it Spring break anywhere? Are there other parents with teens sailing on Golden this week??? (Don't suggest the Roll Call for this sailing. For a sold-out cruise, not many people have posted on the Roll Call so I figured I'd get more hits here.)

The city of LA school district always takes the week off before Easter. Catholic schools in our area tend to take the week after Easter.

I would guess if you have a large number of students on your cruise, they'll probably be college students as the "spring break" is spread out over four weeks or so.

That link is a list of college spring breaks. The OP was referring to secondary schools' date=' I would think. I seemed to remember some months ago someone posting a more comprehensive listing (I think of local school districts) on the family thread.[/quote']

Well, I thought it was a start, sorry.

If there are 10x as many colleges out on a given week, it is likely a typical sample of what to expect IMHO.:rolleyes:

As Cruisin' Chick picked up, I was really looking to find out if my younger teens would have company their age on board for the week of March 18th. I can see by the Spring Break roster that was linked, there are alot of colleges out at that time. Anyone with teens on the Golden for 3/18-3/25???

I saw the word "teen" in the OP so I figured the poster wasn't thinking of college-aged students. Los Angeles grade/secondary schools have been taking off the same time (week before Easter) ever since I was in grade school in the 60s so I'm guessing that maybe other areas base their break on that, rather than on the calendar.

When we were in Key West in March 01, we found ourselves in "Spring Break Hell". A hotel employee was apologetic and said that now college spring breaks were being staggered over a month so that not every college was taking off at the same time and overwhelming the usual destinations.

Archived