laundry facilities

sassyw

We are sailing for the first time on Oceania(3/16 Beijing to Hong Kong) and want to check out the laundry facilities as we have just started to pack. Do they provide soap in the laundry room? And what are the hours of operation (we are very early risers)

Thanks for the input

Sassyw:)

Yes, there is a very small laundry on deck 7. You must obtain tokens from the Purser's (woops - Reception) desk. The soap is included with the machine. Unfortunately, they do not open the laundry until 8 a.m. and it closes, I believe, at 10 p.m.

I, too, am an early riser. That is just about the only thing I don't care for on Oceania (the laundry room hours). See you on the trip. Not long now.

On Regatta, into the Baltic this past August, it took 4 phone calls to the Purser's Desk to get someone to unlock the laundry at 8am - whoever was assigned the task "forgot". The room is locked at night, which I am sure pleases the people in adjacent cabins.

Laundry is very compact, stack units, 4 washer & 4 dryers, and a couple of ironing boards with irons. Soap (liquid) dispensed automatically. Machines require tokens purchased at Purser's Desk. I believe it was $1.50 each for wash & dryer, or $3.00 load total.

A tip -- the washers are one token per wash but the dryers seem to be on an automatic cycle -- on some days we were able to dry (collectively) six or seven loads on one token. So always check to see if the dryer will start before you put in your token! :D

On our cruise last spring,we were on the seventh floor just down the hall from the facilities and could never get near the machines. Having said that, I wasn't willing to wait the required two hours.

We washed some things in our room and I used the irons- no line up for them. I probably couldn't use the machines anyway as they dispense the soap automatically and my husband is sensitive to almost all soap products.

Perhaps the trick is to handwash and put in the dryer early, before the washers are through the first cycle.

Mo

Hes's baaaaaack !!!

That said, Stu and I try to wash at off times..we dont tour, so in the morning of a port we are going to that we can get off ourselves late..we wash then..and around 4:00pm is a great time..

We have met some of the nicest people in the laundry..in fact we just got some pictures from our January trip from one of the..

Jan

Archived