Recommendations for private tours: Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, Rotorua, Auckland

Fieldofdreams

We hired a car for the day in Dunedin and went to the Albatross colony.  Fantastic. Can spend a great day touring around the coast and also take in the sights of Dunedin

In  Wellington we did a tour of the Weta workshop/studios. It is where they do the movie special effects.  They pick you up from downtown and give you a thorough description and tour of their workshop.  They have lots of their models on display.  Pickup point is right near the national museum which is also really good.

Napier is interesting to walk around but we also hired a car and visited some great wineries.  Most have excellent share platter lunches.

Favorite thing to do in Auckland is take the ferry over to Devonport.  A lovely seaside village atmosphere with fantastic harbour views and excellent cafes. Ferry terminal is right next to where your cruise will dock.

Enjoy!

The port for Rotorua is Tauranga which is a an hour or so drive. We did a small group tour, about 10 of us if I remember properly. I booked it through Viator. We visited a kiwi fruit farm and then on to Rotorua where we visited Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village. Ideas for Tauranga Tours

I agree with above that the ferry to Devonport is a great way to spend the day in Auckland. 

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, possum52 said:

The port for Rotorua is Tauranga which is a an hour or so drive. We did a small group tour, about 10 of us if I remember properly. I booked it through Viator. We visited a kiwi fruit farm and then on to Rotorua where we visited Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village. Ideas for Tauranga Tours

I agree with above that the ferry to Devonport is a great way to spend the day in Auckland. 

Thank you very much. Sounds like the ferry to Devonport would be a great day.