Most excursions have a 240lb Limit?

EL Pitman

The Mister and I just booked a cruise that'll be stopping at Costa Maya.  We are looking at the excursions, but it seems like everything that is NOT walking or drinking has a 240lb limit.  These same type of excursions at other ports do not have these same limits, if there are limits they are more realistic, like 300lbs.  They also seem to have a huge list of medical diagnosis that will keep you from participating in these excursions.  Has anyone experienced this, or know why this is?  I really liked the idea of the Scenic Raft Experience, Swim & Lunch, but never in his life will my 6'4" hubby be 240lb.  

5 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

The Mister and I just booked a cruise that'll be stopping at Costa Maya.  We are looking at the excursions, but it seems like everything that is NOT walking or drinking has a 240lb limit.  These same type of excursions at other ports do not have these same limits, if there are limits they are more realistic, like 300lbs.  They also seem to have a huge list of medical diagnosis that will keep you from participating in these excursions.  Has anyone experienced this, or know why this is?  I really liked the idea of the Scenic Raft Experience, Swim & Lunch, but never in his life will my 6'4" hubby be 240lb.  

A lot of cruise line excursions seem to have restrictions (age/weight) since restart probably due to insurance restrictions. 

Look for a similar excursion through independent vendor and restrictions may be different