Problems and I leave in 1 day!!

Okay..So I get up this morning and get online to check my reservation and all and I have an e-mail from RCI stating that my cruise and excursions had been cancelled. I call RCI, get directed to my travel agent which is Expedia.com. Turns out, there were two friends of mine and my best friend who were on a different reservation who were going on the same cruise with us. Well they called yesterday and cancelled and because both of our reservation numbers were linked together so we would be together at dinner and whatnot both cruises got cancelled which should not have happened. Well my sailing, this upcoming Monday March 6 on the Majesty is booked and only had like 1 or 2 Junior suites open. Well because of the whole mix-up and everything, I got bumped up from an Oceanview on Deck 3, to a JS on Deck 10 and only had to pay $200 all together which is 20% of the total upgrade price. Expedia.com picked up 80%. Isn't that great. I can't wait for my cruise. I was really scared but now I feel better. Just another great reason that I use a travel agent. **By the way, Does anyone know, do the radios in the room have CD players on them?

I am glad to hear you worked it out, and got an upgrade too. We sailed on the Majesty last March on our Spring Break. We really enjoyed it.

Call me nosey, but why did your friends cancel this close to sailing, and didn't they lose all their money????

Marie

One of them came down with Meningitis. I wish that they would have called me yesterday when they cancelled rather than told me this morning and almost gave me a heart attack. I'm still on hold with Expedia.com right now. I have been on the phone with them for an 1 hour and 45 minutes as of right now. They are getting the final details and all right. What should I do about my luggage tags though? Should I just wait til we get to the pier and then fill out new ones? And also, do we get priority boarding?

Archived