Aurea Museum Hotel, Lisbon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert on Lisbon, but I've researched it quite a bit.  I haven't been to the Aurea but I would think that would be walkable, since there are no hills down there by the water. I asked google how long it would take to walk from it to the cruise terminal and Google returned an answer of 4 minutes.  Of course, that may not be precisely to the ship or to the cruise terminal, but it's probably close.  It doesn't look like the most fabulous location in terms of surroundings, or romance, or anything like that.  But that doesn't mean it's not in a decent location. But if you're looking for something closer to Alfama but still not terribly far from where cruise ships line up, you may want to look at the Memmo Hotel, if not too expensive or too far from the port.  I've read that it's a good place, though for when I wanted to go (early May, and with a refundable reservation), I found it a little pricey. You may also want to look at an apartment rental (may be a 2 night minimum, however - not sure) called On/Set Alfama Cinema Apartments.  They have a website and are also listed in TripAdvisor and Booking.com.  But it's right in the middle of Alfama, a little bit off the beaten track, so there will definitely be cobblestones and narrow streets around there.  I believe you must walk a half block from where taxis can drop you, so it's not for everyone. And you'd definitely need an Ubur, or Tuk Tuk or taxi for a short ride to the port.  But taxis are inexpensive in Lisbon.....

Hope that helps a tiny bit.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea