travel protection

richardAnn

hello all i have a question i hope someone can answer me and my lovely wife are booked on the ruby princess in april of 2023 i purchased there travel protection plan the standard one . my question is is that sufficent or do i need to change to the platinum plan or just get a differant one instead. i will be 67 and my wife will be 73 at the time of our cruise we are both in good health but you can never be too carefull

3 hours ago, richardAnn said:

hello all i have a question i hope someone can answer me and my lovely wife are booked on the ruby princess in april of 2023 i purchased there travel protection plan the standard one . my question is is that sufficent or do i need to change to the platinum plan or just get a differant one instead. i will be 67 and my wife will be 73 at the time of our cruise we are both in good health but you can never be too carefull

You might want to post this question on the Travel Insurance sub-forum of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

That should be helpful about other travel insurance.

Also, if you post on the Princess cruise line section of CC you'll probably get more views by people who are familiar with their own plans.

(There are many reasons people get travel insurance that don't have anything to do with age.)

We *always* get third party travel insurance.

We learned about www.TripInsuranceStore.com here on CC back in 2013, and got a policy through them for our first big trip... and we had to cancel at the last minute due to a medical emergency!  We got all of our money back, and have never traveled overseas without a good policy, no surprise.  (We've had several other claims, and all were paid promptly.)

GC