What Time to Book My Return Flight Anchorage to San Diego

Retirement2016

45 minutes ago, Retirement2016 said:

We are on the Majestic Princess in August 2023, Vancouver to Whittier.  We have booked the Princess airport shuttle to Anchorage Airport.  Anyone know what time the shuttle leave Whittier?  What time should we booked our return flight?

Shuttles always leave "on demand". So if the ship docks by 7am, and clears any port business, disembarking will commence shortly thereafter. So, say by 7:30. Buses will then start departing when full.

The drive is about 90 minutes, but that is complicated significantly by the one way tunnel. So, if you are first off the ship, I wouldn't be booking a flight much before 1pm.

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Shuttles always leave "on demand". So if the ship docks by 7am, and clears any port business, disembarking will commence shortly thereafter. So, say by 7:30. Buses will then start departing when full.

The drive is about 90 minutes, but that is complicated significantly by the one way tunnel. So, if you are first off the ship, I wouldn't be booking a flight much before 1pm.

Thank you for the information.  It's strange that Princess EZ Air has flights available from 11:30 am.   The ship does dock at Whittier at 12:30 am, but I doubt anyone is going to disembark before 6 am. .We are booked on a 2 pm flight, so we should have no problem.  

2 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

Thank you for the information.  It's strange that Princess EZ Air has flights available from 11:30 am.   The ship does dock at Whittier at 12:30 am, but I doubt anyone is going to disembark before 6 am. .We are booked on a 2 pm flight, so we should have no problem.  

My calculations were based on an approximate 7am ship clearance and start to disembarking. Arriving at midnight allows disembarking to probably start around 6. The arrival time is pretty critical info.

The only way to get out of Whittier is tour bus, rental car, train or you know someone to pick you up.  Not really familiar with local shuttles.  But if is a Princess ship and Princess EZ Air I would think that would guarantee your flight.