NCL Sun balcony door

room with a view

55 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Thanks , they look a bit dated  ...thought they had a complete refit of the cabins a  few years ago 

They did, 2016.   Relatively recent for a steel giant like a cruise ship.  They were actually sliding doors before the dry dock.  So they may seem outdated, but some interior designer must have decided they were "chic" or something.

Nothing says "make room for me" like smacking someone in the back with a tempered glass door, am I right?

Edited by MotownVoice
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

They did, 2016.   Relatively recent for a steel giant like a cruise ship.  They were actually sliding doors before the dry dock.  So they may seem outdated, but some interior designer must have decided they were "chic" or something.

Nothing says "make room for me" like smacking someone in the back with a tempered glass door, am I right?

Hi, yes I agree. We are recently returned from the Greek Islands on the Jade...with a sliding door . Looking at the video the Sun seems dated ..but the look  maybe is  "chic". We liked the Spirit so should (hopefully) like the Sun. Anyway it's booked now !!

Found door to be easier than the slider.   Sliders were sometimes hard to open and as you get older they seem to get harder.  Did not change the view.   The Sky has a regular glass door with a port hole in all balconies