Transit through San Paulo to Buenos Aires

tony s

We just got our tentative flights via BOGO. We are going from JFK to BA in December with a stop for 2 hours in San Paulo to change planes. Do we have to go through immigration there and do we have to claim and recheck luggage. Answers from anyone with prior experience is appreciated. Thanks 

18 hours ago, tony s said:

We just got our tentative flights via BOGO. We are going from JFK to BA in December with a stop for 2 hours in San Paulo to change planes. Do we have to go through immigration there and do we have to claim and recheck luggage. Answers from anyone with prior experience is appreciated. Thanks 

In JFK, look to see if your luggage is tagged through to Buenos Aires.  If it is you are checked through and do not claim your luggage until BA.  Also if you have one ticket number for both flights your bags will be checked through.

Chances are you will arrive in the international terminal as it's US to Brazil and depart from the international terminal as it's Brazil to Argentina.  If you don't change terminals you should not have to go through passport check.  All you do is find your next gate 

Google Sao Paulo GRU airport.  There are sites that give you an airport map and even tell you what terminal each airline uses.  I was looking at a Brazil domestic flight connecting to an international flight to the US.  I was even able to find out how long a walk it was between my domestic arrival terminal and the international departure one.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...