Zaandam Lower Prom deck

tartanmom

Any idea what this shaded out area is near the bow on Lower Prom. deck on the Zaandam? Is it laundry? Quiet in the evening? I do know that it is just below the World Stage but not too worried about that as we always attend the late show and aren't in the cabin during the day.

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 7.20.38 PM.png

21 hours ago, tartanmom said:

Any idea what this shaded out area is near the bow on Lower Prom. deck on the Zaandam? Is it laundry? Quiet in the evening? I do know that it is just below the World Stage but not too worried about that as we always attend the late show and aren't in the cabin during the day.

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 7.20.38 PM.png

It probably is an area beneath the back stage area of the main theater and that ought not to be a noise producer.  For me, the views of the ocean would be restricted to none to quite a bit from those staterooms.  Also, the interior room for outside staterooms is not as generous as those on the bottom two passenger decks.  

It is almost certainly an “AC Station” , that is air conditioning station. Basically a distribution system for HVAC to all the cabins and public rooms in that area, including decks above and below.  It is well insulated (sound) and you will not likely hear anything.  Years ago, I was in an inside room on Maasdam adjacent to one of these (on A Deck - equivalent to Dolphin Deck on Zaandam).  Didn’t hear a thing.