Has Constellation been revolutionized?

realnice46

Just now, BigAl94 said:

No and not likely that it ever will be.

To be fair, it was next on the list (missed by only about a month and a half) when the shutdown occurred.  If the process restarts when cash becomes available in the future, it could be back to top of the list.

30 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

That makes me happy, I don’t care for what I’ve seen. The cabins look so cold and look like you lose a lot of storage.

We were actually quite happy that Constellation was NOT revolutionized.  We sailed on the first two restart cruises B2B, and were pleased with what they were able to accomplish in Cadiz.  We were the first passengers to stand on our new carpet and sit in our new chairs.  Public spaces looked great.

I believe what happened was that there was a warehouse full of material ready for the revolution sitting in a warehouse, paid for and ready to install.  While Celebrity didn't want to spend the extra money to perform the more expensive 'revolution', many of those goods were better on the ship than in a warehouse.  But thankfully, we didn't get the Kelly Hoppen treatment as a result.

We saw a few photos of things like the crew that was 'scraping up' all of the old hallway carpeting.  It was quite the event.

If you've seen Constellation before, you won't be disappointed with its current look.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

I agree.  I’m on the Connie now and think she’s in great shape. If you look real hard, of course you’ll see some chipped paint of a stain or two, but the ship, to me, is beautiful and you can tell by the way the crew treat she, that they think so too.  The Connie crew is one of the best we have sailed with, and their attention to detail is amazing.  They love this ship, enjoy interacting with the passengers and will go out of their way to make your voyage a good one. 

Garry

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gkm said:

I agree.  I’m on the Connie now and think she’s in great shape. If you look real hard, of course you’ll see some chipped paint of a stain or two...

Yeah, but that's only up on Deck 18 where almost no one ever goes, right? 😏

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, canderson said:

We were actually quite happy that Constellation was NOT revolutionized.  We sailed on the first two restart cruises B2B, and were pleased with what they were able to accomplish in Cadiz.  We were the first passengers to stand on our new carpet and sit in our new chairs.  Public spaces looked great.

I believe what happened was that there was a warehouse full of material ready for the revolution sitting in a warehouse, paid for and ready to install.  While Celebrity didn't want to spend the extra money to perform the more expensive 'revolution', many of those goods were better on the ship than in a warehouse.  But thankfully, we didn't get the Kelly Hoppen treatment as a result.

We saw a few photos of things like the crew that was 'scraping up' all of the old hallway carpeting.  It was quite the event.

If you've seen Constellation before, you won't be disappointed with its current look.

Unrevolutionized is definitely NOT a bad thing!