Venice Hotel

CynBeth6

After our cruise we would like to stay in Venice for a few days.  I would love a hotel recommendation that is near St. Marks and also has for breakfast made to order eggs and other items as I have family members with food allergies. Thanks!

We were in Venice for a few days at the end of April. We stayed in the hotel Le Isole. It was perfect, no more than than a 2 minute walk from St Marks Square and a 2 minute walk from San Zaccharia vaporetto stops. Beautiful hotel with lovely staff, and besides the buffet breakfast items, they also cook eggs and bacon to order as to your choice. The hotel is in a perfect spot with lots of shops, cafes and restaurants on your doorstep. The water bus ferry at the airport is very easy to access and stops at San Zaccharia.

• Like 1

Staying in Venice for a couple days post cruise is a great decision.   If you only see Venice as part of the cruise stop you will see massive crowds between noon and 5 pm, and will miss the best part of the days, IMO, which is early morning and evening.   You can stroll through the city without fighting the afternoon crowds.   For the same reason, I would not lock on staying in St. Marks, although 2 min walk away may be fine, I would not want to be any closer.   Of course you want to see St. Marks while you are in Venice,  as it is the main pedestrian square.  However, we did not spend much time there and our hotel was a ways away, which was good.     Other areas of Venice is where we enjoyed walking....The entire city is walking distance to anywhere in the city.  

Have fun, it is one of the world's most beautiful places.   

Another hotel option that is perhaps an eight minute walk from St. Mark's Square is Londra Palace. We stayed there pre-Covid.  Wonderful staff, beautiful room and the breakfast buffet was excellent and believe you could order a la carte breakfast. Loved the location and their exterior patio was great for people watching.