Post Covid MSC Refunds

MadHatter-Traveler

Hey All,

This has probably been asked often before, but with the way covid policies have changed often I wanted to ask fresh.

Im planning to sail the MSC Divina next October from Rome to Barcelona. As my friends are still figuring out if they can join me, I am holding off on booking them. However with dwindling available cabins I feel I should go ahead and book.

Just wondering if MSC does refunds as vouchers or to form of payment within guidelines of their terms and conditions.

16 hours ago, MadHatter-Traveler said:

Hey All,

This has probably been asked often before, but with the way covid policies have changed often I wanted to ask fresh.

Im planning to sail the MSC Divina next October from Rome to Barcelona. 

I don't see anything for sailings from Europe, however even on the guidelines for the US I have always been leery given the "full or prorated" refund... without more info. I can easily see MSC saying "yes, you get a prorated refund of 10% of your fare" or something silly.  There are no clear guidelines....

U.S. Residents Sailing From U.S. Ports:

• If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to or during your cruise, you and your traveling party will receive a full or prorated refund and assistance if required, with onboard medical care and land-based quarantine.

17 hours ago, MadHatter-Traveler said:

Im planning to sail the MSC Divina next October from Rome to Barcelona.

As in October 2023?  Deposits in non-YC cabins are fully refundable, unless you booked a non-refundable promo.  Final payment isn't due until 90 days out.  If you want to put a deposit on a cabin for your friends, go ahead.  You can cancel anytime before the final payment and get the money back.  Refund may take a couple of weeks to appear on your card.

If you are booking a YC cabin with non-refundable deposit, there was a loop hole to exploit Cruise with Confidence and get the deposit refunded.  Not sure if MSC closed it now...