Carnival balcony to Summit Retreat, not even a fair comparison..

FiremedicMike151

Just got off the summit, our first Celebrity cruise after reaching gold on carnival, and we were able to get a screaming deal on a retreat sky suite back when I booked it, and we were just blown away.

Our butler AJ was amazing and super kind.  We definitely didn’t use him for everything he was capable of, but everything we asked he took care of super quick!  Luminae was absolutely astonishing.  Kadek runs an amazingly friendly restaurant and we felt quite “fancy” every time we were in there.  The food in there was some of the best food we’ve ever had in life!  We also loved the retreat lounge, a fun little getaway on the ship that we usually hit before meals.

The boat was clean, the staff was friendly, the room was amazing, and the retreat deck was exactly the type of environment we enjoy!  We did not spend any time on the main deck beyond passing through, but we did use the solarium a few times and found both to be a step up from carnival in terms of the crowd and service. 

I’m not sure I’ll be able to afford a retreat again, but I will be constantly looking for deals on them and snag one if and when I can.  We booked an Alaskan cruise while on board for next September in a sunset veranda, and I’m curious if I will be as blown away when I’m not a suite guest. 

• Like 1

Welcome to Celebrity! I'm Elite + on Celebrity and Diamond with Carnival so I'm very familiar with both lines. Each line has their strengths and weaknesses. But it cannot be denied that Celebrity is a more refined, upscale cruising experience. 

Thanks for posting.  We are glad you enjoyed your first Celebrity cruise.   We have sailed on different category rooms on Summit.  We enjoyed all of them.  But, I am sure the Retreat is special.  😊