Hamburg to Reykjavik

Lauranne

I just booked this expedition cruise for next June. Prices are really wonky. We thought we’d do door to door without flights but it was $8800 more than port to port. Both include the exact same things. Am I missing something here?

4B9B0312-B808-46D4-B955-59A9D25CC95F.png

D4CF2ABC-7C9C-4586-B9F0-77368AF64CD2.png

• Haha 1

That's weird.  D2D should include flights, hotels, and transfers which is what my website shows.  We're booked on this voyage as several other Cruise Critic Members.  There is a roll call already underway!

FWIW, that online quote thingy often gives me different prices from what a real life consultant would. 

I tried a booking from the US site and the D2D without flights was $6500 USD more than P2P. That's pretty consistent with your quote after currency conversion. The big difference between the two options is the cancellation penalty. You wouldn't get a Venetian discount and you shouldn't get the private transfer with P2P; the online booker doesn't realize this. 

In sum P2P would be a bargain if you can self-insure. That's a pretty big difference.

The credit card I used to book has cancellation insurance that more than covers the deposit so that’s a non issue for me. In the end I booked port to port with the room category that I wanted and saved a substantial amount. Strangely when I looked at my Silversea the booking was already there even though the deposit won’t be paid until tomorrow. It showed home to airport transfers, one night hotel before and after and hotel to ship transfers included. Later the booking was gone. It will be interesting to see what shows up tomorrow.