Shake for Champagne

drewdawg199

On 10/31/2022 at 4:44 PM, drewdawg199 said:

Be prepared, it can take over an hour for the shake for champagne! Not terribly convenient…

I've found that sending a message via the app when something isn't quite right works wonders.

One afternoon, the dock outside quickly became very crowded, and there was only one waitress, and she was really "in the weeds". I sent a message saying that we've been sitting there for 20 minutes and she needs help. Within minutes a few more servers showed up, and then even more. Sailor Services referred to them as their "quick response team" or something like that.

We were dining in the Wake one night, and I asked our waitress if we should order a bottle of champagne from her, or if we should shake, and she said, "shake".

We tried shaking 3 times, and each time it said there was an error because they couldn't figure out our location, so the waitress said she would take care of it. 10 minutes later, someone showed up with our champagne.  Don't be afraid to ask for help, that's what they're there for.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I've found that sending a message via the app when something isn't quite right works wonders.

One afternoon, the dock outside quickly became very crowded, and there was only one waitress, and she was really "in the weeds". I sent a message saying that we've been sitting there for 20 minutes and she needs help. Within minutes a few more servers showed up, and then even more. Sailor Services referred to them as their "quick response team" or something like that.

We were dining in the Wake one night, and I asked our waitress if we should order a bottle of champagne from her, or if we should shake, and she said, "shake".

We tried shaking 3 times, and each time it said there was an error because they couldn't figure out our location, so the waitress said she would take care of it. 10 minutes later, someone showed up with our champagne.  Don't be afraid to ask for help, that's what they're there for.

we were on a back to back from 10/23 until today.  we ran into a lot of what i'm guessing is "end-of-contract-itis" with sailor services and some other crew members during the second half.  it was like we were on a totally different ship once our voyage rolled over!

sailor services was pretty unhelpful in answering questions/resolving issues (even with our supposed dedicated sailor services/and 485c "club within a club" resources).  i've been on 6x now, so i know this is not the norm; however, if this week was my first voyage, there's no way i'd be back on.