How to figure Captain’s Club points

thebutlerdidit

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

I was solo on Infinity sept 4th sailing, and did not receive double points (rcvd 35 for Concierge Class). Was booked under no single supplement, so wife and I did connecting cabins as solos. should i be calling celebrity?

The no single supplement deal may be the issue. I think that's not supposed to result in double points since you didn't pay double. But I got double points anyway with a reduced single supplement sailing on Millie last year, so it's worth asking about. You can try calling - or if you have a TA, have them contact Celebrity. I got nowhere sending 2 emails to Captain's Club, but then my TA took care of it and I got the points.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

I had just assume X did not do bonus points for solo like RCL did. I have never seen it under the CC benefits. Is it standard that solo's get double points or just under certain promotions? 

This is on the Celebrity website. It indicates that solo cruisers should receive double points even during the Preview period. 

FA741D21-4885-4138-9A9C-48083DE40386.thumb.jpeg.db7bf1ae58af0f6b08b84758929b4458.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The terms are straightforward everyone. No stipulation for single supplement and you can earn 3x points for traveling solo on eligible 2x point sailings.

"Single Travelers

Guest travelling as a single traveler in a stateroom will earn double the amount of Club Points, based on stateroom category and number of nights sailed. This applies to all sailings on or after July 1, 2014, and to all Captain's Club members including Preview members. Single travelers receive one set of offers per sailing. However, any bonus points that a single traveler qualifies for will not also be doubled.  For example, a single traveler that qualifies for a double points promotion will receive an extra set of Club Points for being a single traveler and an extra set of Club points for booking a qualifying sailing for a total of 3x Club Points."

5 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The terms are straightforward everyone. No stipulation for single supplement and you can earn 3x points for traveling solo on eligible 2x point sailings.

"Single Travelers

Guest travelling as a single traveler in a stateroom will earn double the amount of Club Points, based on stateroom category and number of nights sailed. This applies to all sailings on or after July 1, 2014, and to all Captain's Club members including Preview members. Single travelers receive one set of offers per sailing. However, any bonus points that a single traveler qualifies for will not also be doubled.  For example, a single traveler that qualifies for a double points promotion will receive an extra set of Club Points for being a single traveler and an extra set of Club points for booking a qualifying sailing for a total of 3x Club Points."

Haha I found a different version of this section on another captains club page on the Celebrity website.

Thus one mentions paying full fare and does not include the language regarding extra points for 2x sailings.

"Single Travelers
Guest travelling as a single traveler in a stateroom, and paying full fare will earn double the amount of Club Points, based on stateroom category and number of nights sailed. This applies to all sailings on or after July 1, 2014, and to all Captain's Club members including Preview members. Single travelers receive one set of offers per sailing."

• Thanks 1

Just now, zaxanon6 said:

The no single supplement deal may be the issue. I think that's not supposed to result in double points since you didn't pay double. But I got double points anyway with a reduced single supplement sailing on Millie last year, so it's worth asking about.

It's only fair to give solos double points even with a reduced supplement given today's "75% off second person" sale (and similar ones). I don't see anyone arguing that the second person who pays only 25% shouldn't get any points.

To the original question:

Celebrity Captain club members were given double points for 9-11 night sailing for Carribean or Solstice sailing to the Mexican Riviera. That promotion ended in Sept. They now are giving up to 400 OBC for these sailings.