Quick Review of Carnival Legend

Salem615

We just got back from a 7 day cruise on the Legend. The ports of call were Grand Turk, Freeport and Princess Cay.

Boarding -  Getting on the ship was a breeze. We checked right in at our allotted time and about 5 minutes later we were boarding the ship. I did find it strange that they didn't ask for our vaccine records. 

Room - Our balcony room was on the 7th floor. It was ready around 1:30pm. Typical balcony room. Everything was clean and in working order. Bathroom had a lot of shelf space. 

Ship - I thought the ship was in good condition. The colors of the décor I found to be very nice. Not over the top gaudy. More bronze and gold. It was easy to get around and had decent signage throughout the ship.

Food -  The food I found to be decent. The deli had some great choices. The dining room food was all good. We did the steakhouse one evening and it started out great but then everything slowed down to a crawl. My steak was overcooked and the lobster tail was a bit overcooked too. It took forever to get our dessert.

Staff - All of the staff was wonderful. Ramil at the Red Frog on the lido deck was amazing and fun. We spent a lot of mornings having mimosa's and chatting with him. Nelson, our cabin steward was great. He always left ice for us and was very helpful. Our waitress at the dining room was amazing as well. All of the staff we encountered were fun and helpful. Cam, the cruise director did a decent job all week. 

Shows - We saw a few evening shows. The performers were good and the shows were entertaining. We saw 3 comedians and 2 of the three were really funny. One was just bad. The piano bar was a lot of fun too!

Ports - We rented a cabana on Princess Cay and it was so worth it. It was great to have a "home base" to keep our items and it was nice to cool off when it got really hot. We were close enough to walk to everything but far enough to avoid big crowds.  Freeport we just walked around and shopped a bit. Grand Turk we shopped and then hit the beach. 

Debarkation - It was the usual craziness. We did take our bags with us so we were able to get out around 9:30. But as usual it was a cluster of people all trying to get off the ship.

Negatives -  There were really no negatives. The hot tubs had no jets so we avoided them. This cruise must have been for the high rollers because several evenings you could not find a machine to play. 

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them. We had a nice week!

Edited by Salem615
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for the review.  I'm glad you had a good cruise.🙂

Could you please tell me if the safe in your cabin was the card-swipe style or the keypad style?  Thanks!

Hi

The safe was keypad style.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sabhoy said:

Are there any movies on Carnival Legend?   We are booked for a 14 day cruise in January 

There is no outdoor movies like on some of the other ships. They had a few movies showing in one of the other lounges where the comedians perform.

• Like 1